Skip to content

Discuss This Gallery: Aprilia RS4 125 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Gallery: Aprilia RS4 125

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Gallery: Aprilia RS4 125

The new Aprilia RS4 125 is the first four-stroke 125 sportsbike from Aprilia to challenge the Yamaha YZF-R125 and Honda CBR125. Due in dealerships in July, the four-stroke 125cc machine is styled after the 2010 WSB-winning RS4. Priced at £3999, features include: 41mm USD forks, a 300mm front disc brake with radial 4-piston caliper, a die cast aluminium frame, an underslung exhaust,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 June 2011 17:20)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ethicalkidnap

Mar 11

Speed shots

All these speed shots hugged up against the tank are hilarious. How fast is he going? 70mph at a push? Four stroke 125s are ridiculous now, £4000 for a 125cc single cylinder is madness. I bought my 125 for £500 just to pass my test and could not wait to be rid of it, how are you gonna feel when you've passed your test and you're stuck paying off the finance on a painfully slow machine?

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

Some people may only want a 125 rather than the willy wavers I see each day who struggle with there oversized bikes and carry less speed than your average Joe/Jo on his bike with a 10th of the power...  Speed is not always about cc... as I am sure you know... tbh if some people spent more time learning how to ride a smaller bike they may be better on the bigger ones or at least you would think so...lol

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

These bikes are nice for 125's but way overpriced. Style over substance (and value)

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

arthurs right...

Ive said it for years and years... big bike = big skill and commitment to get "fast". On my SV650s with nothing special on it, with cheapo pirelli diablo tyres I will only be out-done on a straight line by some apex-sloth who thinks he's riding a 1-wheeled tractor... on ice. Slower bikes DO make you ride faster as they teach the art of "corner-speed" which is something I rarely see on UK roads... Irritatingly enough, these people club together enough that when they defend their "too slow in, way too fast out" straight-line beliefs, it alienates the youth and makes bikers look like people who wish they could afford a super car. In essence, its a great little bike and you KNOW it will handle. The 250 version will surely be in the pipeline as to engage back in aprilia for motogp, They make more money for the company which is never a bad thing and If I had the choice to, I'd have 2 :-P .... peg-down 45mph corner... stitch THAT you GSXR1000 speed bump :-P

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

seigermotorsports

yea man you know what i did notice that the 125's and 600's at catalunya were much quicker than the 800's and at the isle of man the 600's are miles faster than the 1000's stop spouting rubbish man you maybee quick on youre sv650 but put you next to a quick rider on any 6, 7.5 ,or litre bike and i 100% guarantee you will eat humble pie fact not fiction but the little aprilia looks sweet

Reply to this Topic
Gdo91

Aug 10

Gdo91 says:

moany100

You completely missed his point, he was saying that in order to ride a big bike quickly you need a large amount of skill and that while smaller bikes won't be quicker in a straight line they help to teach you the skills needed to ride a bigger bike. Unlike many riders who jump on bigger bikes to early and ride with the wrong technique ie '"too slow in, way too fast out" straight-line beliefs'. Not that 125s are quicker than 1000s.....

Reply to this Topic
morristhemog

Aug 09

morristhemog says:

Learner-Bike Tax

Glad i'm not learning today with that price point but the Aprilia is still cheaper than its Yamaha rival.

As most people choosing a 125 these days are on a learner licence, and legally this is the largest cc they can ride, manufacturers take advantage by levying a premium on them.

Not fair really.

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

Provemypoint.com?

haslam Snr will have backed me up on that too lol. But yeah 125's arent faster than a 1000 in terms of speed etc... but if you looked at MotoGP in the 990 years, 125s had the same corner speed on "medium" speed corners, faster on slower speed ones and obvs, slower on mega fast one(s).... The 250's however where faster than GP bikes on nearly every corner on the callenda despite having less than 1/3rd the power. and I totally agree, factories take the piss with 125 prices... looking at you, Yamaha... a Kawasaki 250 Ninja costs less than a 125? How?

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

MISSED THE POINT

no i did'nt miss any point starting on small bikes always helps you gain corner speed but as you move to larger capacity bikes you have to change your riding to suit ie slower in faster out but once achieved a fast guy on a big bike will destroy a fast guy on the small bike it was the speed bump comment that provoked the response not the explanation  of corner speed a point was once proved at lidd kart track gxrthou vs supermoto big bike great rider beat small bike rider who thought he was great

Reply to this Topic
Lorel

Jun 11

Lorel says:

Aprilia RS4 125

Oh dear nice looking bike shame they took the 2 stroke engine out to replace it with a no goolies 4 stroke, what an insult guess you could pretend it's a Tuono 1000 and hope you never pull up to one at the lights. Nice looking bike 4000 quid gee that's 300 per cv.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices