Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards out of British Grand Prix MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards out of British Grand Prix

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards out of British Grand Prix

Colin Edwards will miss next weekend’s British Grand Prix at Silverstone after he broke his right collarbone in a heavy crash during practice at the Catalunya track in Spain earlier today. The experienced American fell heavily at Turn 5 just minutes after the field had switched to slick tyres after the Montmelo track dried rapidly following an earlier heavy downpour in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 June 2011 00:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

Had I not read this article, I doubt I would have noticed his absence tomorrow.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

There

speaks a true enthusiast.:doubt:

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Alex Lowes

Surely? Thas who I'd like to see given a shot

Reply to this Topic
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

Gutted

Shame Edwards is out of it,i would agree by putting Chas Davies on it if he's available.Did well on a rubbish Duke last time he rode in moto gp having never ridden a moto gp bike before.

Reply to this Topic
kaiser954rr

Apr 10

kaiser954rr says:

Who?

When was he last racing?

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Edwards out!

Maybe Toseland will get a call????????????????? Now that would be something else!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Gutted for Colin, could well be the end of an era, age being a factor but also the balance of power shifting away from yam(lost it's kudos this year). It's hard enough on last years wc bike but on the bike that's a poor second and he'll wonder if it's still worth the effort . Get fit soon Colin will also be disappointed to miss you if it is your last at Silverstone. I'd put MM on it and money on a half decent finish...

Reply to this Topic
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

Colin...................

What a shame Colins out. I was really looking forward to him finishing 6th again for the 1000th time. Bloody good bloke and always worth a listen but the winter world champ has never really been able to cut it at the top level.

Totally agree with the McCoy shout, what a treat that would be. Also If it were poss, another long time Yamaha legend........................................Nitro Nori, not that I'm biased at all!!

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Hugely dissapointed and gutted.

to see Colin injured personally I think Tech 3 should give Eugene Laverty the Tech 3 ride.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Quote from Nori Fan.... Borrocks!

Why does everyone keep touting WSBK contracted riders? WSBK is at Misano next weekend therefore cannot happen. But since we are all pissing into the ocean..... Melandri or Laverty???? Herve' would probably jump at Marco but then if it was me...... I could be persuaded to give Eugene the shot as he is still in career progression not regression. ***** Back to reality...... !!! What is Bayliss doing next weekend? Anybody know?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices