Skip to content

Discuss This Rare Buell heads Buxton auction General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Rare Buell heads Buxton auction

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Rare Buell heads Buxton auction

This rare early Buell, valued at £24-£28,000, is one of the star sale items for auction this Wednesday in Buxton, Derbyshire. It’s an RR1000, powered by a Harley XR1000 engine and is one of just 49 examples built by Erik Buell’s fledgling company between 1986 and 1987. The bike has been in a private collection for many years and is one of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (06 June 2011 17:44)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Cant see that ugly thing making anywhere near 24K when Foggys race bikes couldnt sell recently.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

boybilly ?

This Foggy bloke, wasn't he on, Last of the summer wine? with Compo and Clegg ?

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Wow thats an ugly bike! I'm sure though that aerodynamics on it are great...he was probably just focusing too much on function over form....

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Worse than ugly...

That Buell looks hideous enough from the outside, but the full horror is hinted at on the fairing...

"Powered by Harley Davidson"

Butt ugly on the surface, useless pile of crap underneath.

I'll start the bidding at 50p.

Reply to this Topic
Lightning Boy

Mar 07

Yikes!

I used to have a Buell and natter on the Buell UK forum and many of the fanboys love this - its their dream bike!! I for one find it utterly hideous. I know it might be from a moment in history, but I suspect that even back in the day it would have been one extra special dose of ugly.

Reply to this Topic
mogulthrash

Dec 10

mogulthrash says:

Nurse

Whoever buys it deserves it

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

Ugly?

well it's no worse than the recent fireblade or VFR1200. And being a Buell it would most likely still out handle many a modern day Asian bike.

Reply to this Topic
NoeSamuhel

Oct 11

NoeSamuhel says:

The Buell is not really something that would make me go to an auction. I've seen bikes that made me want to quit my wife and run with them to Mexico, but this doesn't even make me want to go to the store. These guys might make a partnership with Airstream RV, if they continue to make suck large vehicles.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices