Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa out of British Grand Prix MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa out of British Grand Prix

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa out of British Grand Prix

Dani Pedrosa has confirmed he will not contest this weekend's British Grand Prix at Silverstone as he struggles to regain full fitness from a broken right collarbone he suffered in Le Mans last month. The Spaniard was injured when he was involved in a controversial collision with San Carlo Gresini Honda rider Marco Simoncelli and doubts over his Silverstone appearance intensified...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 June 2011 09:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

shame

well thats his championship gone again this was realistically his best chance the bike was more or less built round him and he still hasnt delivered.next year with the 1000 carnt see him ever winning it.

thanks marco for messing the season up.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Sad and dissapointed.

To see him missing out on another race that Honda was bulit around Dani from the first day of the 800s as HRC were the same guys who pushed for the 800s and failed with their golden boy big time. Gotta agree with Stoner27 the 1000cc bike he won't win.

This was supposed to be a exciting season in the finale of the 800 era but one had to feck it up Simonchelli I respect him as a competitor but he has ruined the season by putting one of the most important riders out of this class on the sidelines.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

For the Best

Think DP needs this time off. He needs to fully recover, and not ride around with niggling injuries. Hope for the best. Aoyama, best chance to prove what he can do on the factory bike. I believe he can fight for the podium, if given the factory ride. I wouldn't even count a rare win to be honest. and leave Simo alone.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Pedrosa

I think people under estimated him when he was on the 1000. The problem is i think the 1000's from next year will be similar to the 800's. His chances are gone this season. So now its just about focusing on being fully motivated and fully fit for a new era.

Hopefully he's back in Holland.

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

terrible news but there's still a season

Don't write the year off and start diminishing the championship of whoever wins. It is terrible what's happened to Pedrosa I agree. I think Stoner is even a bit cut up about it - despite Pedrosa being possibly his closest rival this year he seems to really respect Pedrosa, probably because he's a low-key individual like himself who doesn't go strutting about with huge bravado like Lorenzo or clowning around like Rossi.

The championship is still very much undecided - Lorenzo is leading and I think capable of winning if he can be consistently only the podium. Yes Stoner looks a bit like running away with it but stay tuned.

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

Pedrosa

Will never be world champion as in my opinion (and its just mine) that he neither has the commitment or the fire in his belly to really get stuck in and mix it up with the other top riders! Ok we have seen some fleeting performances over the years from Pedrosa but it seems to be unless he gets away at the start then he generally struggles. I might be totally wrong in thinking this but could it be the case that he feels that Casey is going to beat him on equal machinery and is running scared? Im not sure just a thought. I would have loved to have seen Shakey Byrne on the Repsol Honda this weekend at Silverstone I think he could have done pretty well!! oh well not to be!!

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Two horse race

I think the championship has to bee seen as a two horse race now.

Dani out, Lorenzo consistent, Stoner imperious - there isnt another challenger though we may see some alternative riders sticking a good show or stepping up a gear, but not to challenge CS and JL.

Your summation of Simo is pretty harsh Elbowz, Dani is such a fragile little fella someone farting in his general direction could injure him

Reply to this Topic
tomoijsg

Jun 08

tomoijsg says:

Stoners Silverstone ?

Can't see anybody else winning this weekend, just goes to show how weak Moto GP really is when losing one top rider can put a hole in the championship, hope i'm wrong about Silverstone but i can't see any other result.

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

silverstone

with probably only 14 bikes  starting the race i think its in front of the tv with a beer for me.ill save me money for bsb at the new snetterton circuit.

Reply to this Topic
mike2265

Apr 11

mike2265 says:

tomoijsg

It's usually a two horse race - or even a 1.5 horse race.  I think we've just been spoilt in the last four years with 4 seriously good riders all able to be competitive on their respective machines.  And I wouldn't write off Simo later on, or if the yam gets it's act together with the new bits and maybe even Spies picking up the pace a little.  Less confident in Rossi on the duck.  Depth of field is the real problem - not the front of the pack so much.

Real pity about Danny.  He can't seem to get a break... umm let me rephrase that. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle