Skip to content

Discuss This New Suzuki V-Strom 650 adventure bike teaser pics New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Suzuki V-Strom 650 adventure bike teaser pics

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

New Suzuki V-Strom 650 adventure bike teaser pics

Suzuki has let out two more tantalising images of its new adventure bike, the all-new V-Strom 650. The illustrations are scarcely more informative than the Sound of Music-style mountain scene in the first release, but their drip-drip release at least shows how excited Suzuki is about the new bike. Which in turn leads us to expect more than a refresh...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 June 2011 10:40)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

This is the result

of a night on the Saki with the Godzilla and Tron DVD collection...

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

Strange that this would come up, yesterday at a set of traffic lights I see what looked like an adventure bike, but it was not a model i had seen before, covered in what looked like matte vinyl or something, looked un finished also, I thought triumph maybe?

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

crap

why bother putting pics like this out to the public... The hills are alive with the sound of crap...

Reply to this Topic
Lestatlioncourte

Jun 11

Yeah @steady2wheels, they are testing a prototype of an adventure bike in the siting at traffic lights dept.

very hush-hush

:D

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

haha well i suppose the have to stop for red lights also. I just thought it was interesting to see on the road. Goodness knows haha

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

New Suzuki's?

Give them a break, no point in writing the bike off yet. ( And no, i dont work for Godzuki either ) Hard to top the triumph 800 i reckon.

Have suzuki............................ Got a new GSXR1000?  How old is the current one eh.

This new fireblade could be the one to beat the s1000rr this yr, unless suzuki have a whle new thou cc bike. Its due, been a while.

Reply to this Topic
jekyllandhyde

Apr 10

Hmmm. They had a lot of work to do...

Hmmm. I have to say the news does not have my heart beating fast. The old model had so much wrong with it that the only thing it deserves is a complete overhaul. I hope they have done just that and made a dignified, competitive bike. By this I mean, ready to take on the likes of the Tiger and beemers of this world (I disincluded KTM because those bikes are in a league of their own). If I were in the market for an adventurer, I would probably go for the Tiger. It is like the beemer, but good. Hehehe

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

What's the point?

I like Suzuki but what's the point with the rubbish sketches? Just show us the bloody thing and be done with it! We're hardly on the edge of our seats as a result are we, and is this bike really going to be so different? I'm sure if you used this graphical style to depict the old bike it would look pretty much identical.

Don't get me wrong I think the new version will be a "good" bike but lets face it, it's still going to have budget suspension, brakes and a small girder for a swing arm. Hardly ground breaking or a particularly desirable prospect is it? Plus these days, as with all the japs, it'll almost certainly be overpriced too so that it's going to be in the direct firing line of both the BMW and Triumph which are both cooler and more desirable bikes in my opinion.

As a foot note I wonder if Suzuki will be updating their million year old SV650 too? Put the gladius engine in, re-style it and chuck some inverted forks on etc. Maybe they'll do a faired Gladius instead. Could be interesing, although not necessarily good I suspect.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

I've got the current V-strom 650, an excellent bike already. Top priorities have to be the front suspension and screen, plus some better styling. No point with any offroad pretentions, the vast majority of these sorts of bikes stay firmly on the tarmac.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

What the hell has Julie Andrews got to do with a new bike?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices