Skip to content

Discuss This Why artists should stay away from bikes. Especially Ducati 1198s New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Why artists should stay away from bikes. Especially Ducati 1198s

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Why artists should stay away from bikes. Especially Ducati 1198s

A Danish artist has produced 10 special edition Ducati 1198s under the title 'Kill me Fast'. Of the £62,500 bikes Kristian von Hornsleth  says: "It is precisely the bikes' blend of beauty, speed and death, which inspired me to include this 'scuplture' in my artistic work. "The painted lines and forms interacts in a 'futilistic' attempt to investigate and challenge the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 June 2011 13:00)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Badgerbanger

Dec 10

Badgerbanger says:

Kill him fast?

Yes please.

Reply to this Topic
aw11star

May 06

aw11star says:

This bike will actually cost £64500!!!!  £62500 for the bike and £2000 to put the ducati paint back on.

I think MCN are being generous calling him an Artist. vandal would be more appropriate

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

looks

ok, I mean you can't expect the Mona Lisa from a five year old! He's how old? Oh!!! :-O riiiggghhhhhtt!! Hmm, no Jackson Pollock eh? Don't think much of the bird sitting on it either! :-)

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

My eyes

Please warn me the next time,  now my vision is damaged by those picts.

Reply to this Topic
dhr1

Mar 11

dhr1 says:

Tosser. Stick to arty farty timewasting.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Ignorant Artist?

And I thought bikes were about transport, convenience, freedom, pleasure, economy, engineering etc...

This guy has the usual mal-informed, media hyped, stereotypical pre-concepts of speed and death.

Best thing for him is a visit to the shrink and sort his bonce out.....Oh, and the bike looks like sick bag...

Reply to this Topic
street3r

Sep 10

street3r says:

Far up his own backside

"Kill Me Fast". I would if you did that to any more bikes. It's as bad as the joker that did "unmade bed". I've seen a Ducati 1198S in simple "Ducati red" and that looks like a piece of art. Tosser. Jackson Pollocks (cockney rhyming slang) ?  How about James Hunt.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

It would blend in really well with most underground trains, Bridges and inner city Council estates where Vandals and street art chav's roam freely with spray cans.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Oh and, you've spelt AUTISTIC wrong.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Artist?

£62,500!? I'll sell you one for half that much (in advance, plus the price of a box of crayons), although I'll be weeping at the sacrilege.

Sadly these so-called "artists" seem to move in a circle of fellow con-men, sycophants and the insipid rich, so common sense won't prevail. Appalling.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices