Skip to content

Discuss This Bike rally cancelled over health and safety General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bike rally cancelled over health and safety

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Bike rally cancelled over health and safety

A bike rally which attracts around 8000 riders has been cancelled for the first time in more than 39 years over health and safety concerns. Cassington Bike Night has been run by the British Motorcycle Riders’ Club (BMRC) annually since 1978. But this year the club has told it must meet make new arrangements including closing the road at a cost...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 June 2011 12:32)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Basically they just want everyone to stay home, lock themselves up, don't talk to anyone and shut the fuck up until you die.

Reply to this Topic
sallison30

Mar 08

sallison30 says:

Please understand, this has nothing to do with health and safety. This is to do with blatant oppression and breaking down of the motorcycle community. Motorcyclists have passion and oppressors want robots not people with passion that might overthrow them. Watch out, there will be more and more restrictions on motorcycling until it is seen as socially unacceptable. Paranoid? wait and see, history will judge and it's more likely that all who dub me a conspiracy theorist will be proved to have just had their heads in the sand.

Reply to this Topic
doctortongue

Jan 09

doctortongue says:

why are the people of this village not getting behind the bikers and demanding the rally go ahead ?- after all,  it's for the benefit of their own children

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

Health and bloody safety

absolute tools

Reply to this Topic
norton1

Aug 07

norton1 says:

Bike rally

Let just put 2 fingers up to the twats and hold the rally anyway.

Reply to this Topic
thatrick

Nov 10

thatrick says:

Organised? I think not!

Rodney Rose, the county council’s cabinet member for transport, said: "There are obviously genuine safety issues involved in the organisation of a large-scale rally on a public road, and the responsibility falls to the organisers of such events to provide the necessary resources." 

Obviously if the event is "scrapped" there will be no organisers of the non-event.  If a group of like-minded individuals happen to meet on an ad-hoc (or non-organised) basis then a spookily similar, non-organised event may spontaneously occur.  Weird...!

Eventually we'll all end up strangled by bloody red tape...

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

CBR11X

Quote "Basically they just want everyone to stay home, lock themselves up, don't talk to anyone and shut the fuck up until you die".

Almost right mate, but they want your cash so they'll let you out at the weekends to spend it.

If anyone quotes H&S at you just wave a big wad of money under their nose, put it back in your pocket and say "l'll spend my dosh elsewhere"  mate.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Councils are some tight bastards ! Greed before need. Do it anyway ? Same as the Liverpool easter egg run the Council and police tried to stop on H&S grounds. The locals got behind the bikers and it went ahead. Small minded, small town, small politics get on my ******* tits !

Reply to this Topic
chrisdyche

Jun 10

chrisdyche says:

Bike night

Sod them I’m still going if you fancy joining me

Reply to this Topic
shadowbiker

Jun 11

shadowbiker says:

aw sod em

i have been going to cassington for over 20 years, wind rain and hail aint stopped me so i,m buggered if the council are. come on, get on your iron horse and get yer arses there. WE CANNOT LET 39 YEARS OF GOOD FUN GO DOWN THE PAN!!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle