Skip to content

Discuss This Toseland committed to race again despite career threatening injuries World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Toseland committed to race again despite career threatening injuries

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Toseland committed to race again despite career threatening injuries

Having withdrawn from this weekend’s WSB round at Misano along with next weeks Aragon race, James Toseland has revealed to MCN the reasons behind his decision and the extent of his career threatening injuries. Speaking to MCN the former two time WSB champion revealed that the day he was due to fly to Misano this his injured wrist was so painful...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (09 June 2011 17:07)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Wellgofar

Jul 10

Wellgofar says:

Come on JT

Come on JT, that's the spirit. Get well and make a great come back. Looking forward to seeing you back in action. Get well soon.

Reply to this Topic
Oafski

Nov 07

Oafski says:

While I admire JT's commitment and wish him a speedy return to full fitness I really wish he would call it a day and concentrate on the piano playing. He certainly doesn't have much luck with crashes and injuries and having to over-ride a machine which is not a race winner to try and get a result seems like a recipe for further disaster to me.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Fair play

I believe he still has the talent despite his myrad of 'unsupporters'. Hope he comes back and gets up to speed ont he bike and in his career.

Be interesting to see how Lanzi gets on though...

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

It's been a very bad injury and his career has not been going in the direction he wants for some time. Worth considering quitting for his own good maybe?

Reply to this Topic
velopete

Apr 05

velopete says:

Good luck James.

I've been watching James since I saw him as a 15 year old at a Brands Bemsee meeting when he cleaned up in the CB500 cup, I went home and told my missus I've just seen a future world champion and he's proved me right twice. I would dearly love to still be watching him  racing in another ten years so it's absolutely the right decision to give his injury the chance to heal.  Best of luck James.

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

jt

go and join ya old mate hodgy on the eurosport sofa, and give the ride to some young up and coming rider, the way you have been riding you would not cut it in bsb, and thats before your injuries.

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER

Aug 02

FATFRYER says:

TOSSPOT

Bet you could do better leecho

what is it with the tosser on here ? 2 world championships under his belt and some bad luck and all of a sudden he's past it and the biggest wanker ever to come out of the uk.

come on guys credit where credits due!!!

leecho bet you think the likes of Beckham and Rooney are gods

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Not Done Yet

Leecho

History tells us that many riders have come back from far worse injuries and won. Joey and Robert Dunlop, Barry Sheene, Carl Fogarty. The list is endless.

James will be back as a winner. Probably in BSB and he would be a massive crowd draw there. True Motorcycle Racing Fans like me know what a talent he is.

Reply to this Topic
matto3227

Nov 07

matto3227 says:

Future for James

Expect too see James in the BSB next season...

I like the boy, but he has alot of tough breaks in his career. Taking a step back would be a good idea, can't see him keeping the BMW ride, and there won't be many other teams breaking down his door to offer him a contract. Being in BSB would be a good idea either to rebuild, gain a season of fitness & go forward or to end on a high.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Just ride BSB, fight for a win will give some spirit! Look at  Shakey. Giving Kiyo a hard time. Hopefully Cal can keep the rythim going in his 2nd season in Moto Gp. Cal? i litarey said he would suck at GP level, being wrong does not always hurt:-)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices