Skip to content

Discuss This Manx court rakes in £70,000 in TT speeding fines General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Manx court rakes in £70,000 in TT speeding fines

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Manx court rakes in £70,000 in TT speeding fines

The Isle of Man’s courthouse has collected around £70,000 from speeders during this year’s TT. Manx police confirmed today that 271 speeders had been caught so far during two-week festival and fined an average of £250. Speeding fines on the island are much higher than in the UK and rise according to the severity of the offence to over £600 in some...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 June 2011 17:13)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bladeboy077

Oct 09

bladeboy077 says:

Serves them right

Reply to this Topic
bladeboy077

Oct 09

bladeboy077 says:

Serves them right

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Two words

Entrapment & Greed.

Reply to this Topic
DOCTIRED

Oct 06

DOCTIRED says:

Manx Speeders

I am loth to criticise anyone who gets done for being a bit over the limit. On the other hand There are a few real fruit cakes on the island every single  year. People come past at some really crazy paces in really crazy places! I was over for Race Week this time and the roads were fairly treacherous in places. Every fatality is more fuel for the people who want to stop the TT and take away the last bit of speed limit freedom in the UK. In my 6 years of TT experience I have the Manx police to be fair and more than reasonable. I wish those on the mainland were as much fun!!

Reply to this Topic
zannoti

Mar 10

zannoti says:

lotta wonga..........

mmm    70 grand ,       to  say  nothing  of  the  huge  amount  of  profit  [read  rip  off]   for  the isle  of  man  "costa  packet  steam ferry company "..         they  cant  wait  for  next  year !.       oh  well  its  just  like  the  disunited  kingdom  really ,      one  f+cking   big  con...............

Reply to this Topic
IMB76

Oct 10

IMB76 says:

Take the risk pay the price

Most people have done it at some point knowing we are going to pay the price if we get caught it no good moaning if you do at least there's no points.

Reply to this Topic
mikehannan

Jun 11

mikehannan says:

Speeding on the Island

I thought the cops were pretty good and the punters generally well behaved during my first ever visit to the Island.  When you look at the number of bikes on the island, and the number or seriously silly riders on the mountain, strictly policing the villages is the only sensible option.  We were on the Island for a week before we got the mountain road open for a ride.  Numpties crashed every day closing the road and in at least one case I am aware of, taking out two other bikes in the process!!  Mike H

Reply to this Topic
mcmaiering

Mar 10

mcmaiering says:

Hope they spend that on fixing some of our damn potholes... there's several around that could probably eat my whole front wheel...

Every TT there's always the same problems whenever there's good weather... I live on the island and am glad I leave my bike at home as much as possible... I counted at least 3 bikes stuffed into hedges on tuesday of race week, locals and the racers get sick of it... If you want to travel at speed on our roads, get a racing license!! That's why we have the TT...

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

TT

I have just come back from the TT and it was brilliant.

On a few occasions i saw the police out with thier speed guns, if you stuck to the limits they waved a thankyou, Not like our muppets.

On the deristricted roads you can ride as fast as you like without harasment.

Its not hard is it stick to the speed limits and you wont be nicked end of. No sympathy what so ever

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices