Skip to content

Discuss This British MotoGP: Stoner dominates wet race MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > British MotoGP: Stoner dominates wet race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

British MotoGP: Stoner dominates wet race

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has taken the lead in the MotoGP championship with a dominant victory at a rain soaked Silverstone circuit. Current champion Jorge Lorenzo got the holeshot into the first corner, but Stoner and team-mate Andrea Dovizioso passed him before the end of the first lap. Stoner passed Dovizioso at the first corner on lap two and from...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (12 June 2011 14:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
whemy

Oct 10

whemy says:

no diffrence

ive watched both motogp and wsb the diffrence it wasnt raining in wsb the racing about the same superbike is pretty dull this year.

rossi another lucky 6th who knows in time if we get a monsoon and everyone falls off in front of him he might win a race..

bit strange rdb46 how you went to see qualifying but not the race today maybe you just sat at home all weekend and watched it on tv sounds more like it..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Moto GP Boring !

I have always defended Moto GP saying that it is'nt boring,but Im afraid to say the last few races have been a little dull to say the least.I acept that not every race is going to have you on the edge of your seat screaming a the TV.I hope Assen will be an edge of the seat job as the last few races have been dull.This is'nt the fault of the riders just the nature of ever evolving prototype racing,electronics etc.

I think that the Moto 2 series is the best motocycle racing events to watch at the moment because all of the machines are very evenly matched.I think that proto type racing although the pinacle of motor sport may not be the most entertaining of races.

Do we even need prototype racing as lets face it motocycles & cars do not need further development to go even faster when the PC brigade is constantly trying to slow us down.If your 600cc or 1000cc sports bike is'nt fast enough then maybe you should think about taking up drag racing.

I hope Moto GP will go down a similar route to Moto 2 in the future keeping down costs & giving us superb close racing.I hope they get it right next year with the 1000cc engines & give us close entertaining racing,Moto GP has got the riders all it now needs is a more level playing feild.

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

moto gp

as ive stated in here before only 15 bikes on the grid is an insult to the paying spectators.i think lorenzo99 is right id sooner see a lower spec moto gp if it means 30 bikes on the grid.moto 2 is brilliant as will be the new 250 class next year.

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Ride of the day....

....for me goes to Colin Edwards. Great result for him in what could be his last year in MotoGP. Casey gave them all a lesson in how to ride today, can't take anything away rom the lad on that front. Am gutted for both Jorge and Marco, shame the fight for the podium never materialised but if they hadn't crashed then Colin wouldn't have been on the podium. Roll on a nice dry Assen and let's see what happens. Right now I don't care who wins as long as we get some closer racing and it stays tight for the title until the last few rounds. Well done to all those who stayed on two wheels today, either on track or on their way to/from the track.

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

Casey

Fast in the dry, fast in the wet, fast on a Honda, fast on a Ducati, doesn't take nonsense from anyone - he's the real deal, an excellent motorbike racer of the highest calibre.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Now there is no doubting

He's just plain lucky! haha this is working out well for the Rossi lovers eh? Sorry but we all know how you boys love comparisonsfrom the past, so here goes..

Lemans : 15 seconds.
Catalunya: 7 seconds
Silverstone: 64 seconds

Lets face it, it wouldnt have been much better in the dry. 3.7 seconds !!! off pole in a single lap is just unreal.
EVERYTHING favoured him today. Wet weather, 3 people crashing in front of him, Pedrosa and Crutchlow unable to race, and all he could manage was a 6th.. What a hero eh rdb ?

Today was an absolute masterclass of riding from Stoner. 15 seconds from 2nd in the dry at Le mans, 15 seconds from 2nd in the wet today. Let the people who say 'its the bike' or 'hes lucky' carry on. They surely know Stoner is a fantastic rider but cant stand the fact he's beating their favourite rider.

Reply to this Topic
jamierob

Feb 09

jamierob says:

Wot a race in Canada ?

I hate to say it , but for once F1 was more exciting than Motogp ,well done Jenson Button , Casey Stoner and Bradley Smith ,but were is our sport going wrong when F1 is more exciting ? bring on the 1000cc Moto1 bikes next year ,and get the best WSB riders and MotoGP riders on the same grid .

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

maybe we need KERS, DRS and loads of pit stops in MotoGP!!   lol

Reply to this Topic
weephil12

Apr 11

weephil12 says:

no comparison

stoner cannot be compared to rossi once he wins 9 world titles then yes he can but till that time he is a good rider but not in the same league as rossi. Lets see if he is still competeting at 32. By 25 rossi had 7 world titles stoner has how many.

Reply to this Topic
jamierob

Feb 09

jamierob says:

Yeah CosherB

Dunno about all that stuff but we need something ...You could have rode around every MotoGP this year on a C90 and got points , providing you didn,t fall asleep and fall off.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices