Skip to content

Discuss This British MotoGP: Stoner dominates wet race MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > British MotoGP: Stoner dominates wet race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

British MotoGP: Stoner dominates wet race

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has taken the lead in the MotoGP championship with a dominant victory at a rain soaked Silverstone circuit. Current champion Jorge Lorenzo got the holeshot into the first corner, but Stoner and team-mate Andrea Dovizioso passed him before the end of the first lap. Stoner passed Dovizioso at the first corner on lap two and from...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (12 June 2011 14:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

In the wet in Jerez Lorenzo wins by 19 secs, Iannone wins by 7.8 secs, & Terol wins by 17 secs.

This weekend Casey won by 15 secs, Bradl won by 7.7 secs, & Folger won by almost 4 secs in a spread out field.

None of these races were hotly contested during the latter stages because it's the nature of wet weather racing... what happens when it rains is it takes a few laps to sort the riders out then one takes off... others try to follow & succeed for a few laps then fall off... this leaves a very spread out feild & not a lot going on during the latter stages... don't like it?... then stop watching racing when it rains... & please leave your bore-fest/f1 comments for dry events when they're more relevant. I was on the edge of my seat for all 3 races hoping no-one else was going to fall off. I didn't see Stoner even have a moment... as said, pure class.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

YAWN ????

Are you having a laugh? These guys are on a different level, Stoner is completely Unbelievable, in conditions like that...... to be so far ahead of the rest is beyond belief. As for YAWN comments Keep Polishing yer "never seen rain" Gixer cuz You aint worthy.

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

Casey Stoner

Well done Casey another walk in the park , and all riders in that wet race , wat happened to Rossi over a minute behind , and got beat by Nicky Hayden

Reply to this Topic
weephil12

Apr 11

weephil12 says:

exciting my **** given the choice between moto gp and the bsb or wsbk the superbikes win hands down moto gp used to be exciting racing battling for the lead then the grid thinned out and riders dont seem to like close racing prfer to take off . Even in the wet the superbikes are swapping posistions and rubbing paint and in the dry it is amazing the passing that is real racing.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

well well

Another well deserved win from Stoner.
What a shame for Simoncelli but it was obvious what he was gonna do.
Brilliant ride for Edwards..the guys a hero considering.
A good 6th from Rossi considering his tough weekend.
stoner 27 and adeninja just remember how long Hayden has been riding the bike and also the fact he rode at the track last year not to mention his grid position!
I think that gives him a distinct advantage..dont u?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

The last wet BSB race I saw (Thruxton last month) was won by Shakey (leading from lap 2) with over a 10 sec lead over 2nd placed Hickman (battling with Rutter who then fell off) who himself had a comfortable 5 sec lead over 3rd placed Hopkins... sound familiar?... I can't remember the last wet WSBK round there was... I don't get to see much of that... sorry.

Reply to this Topic
weephil12

Apr 11

weephil12 says:

thats the top three further down the feild the likes of josh brookes dan linfoot alex lowes were all battling same for wsbk today biaggi and checa were class act out front but down the feild haga badovini haslam fabrizio and sykes were so close they were nearly touching much more exciting that the tripe served up by moto gp. No other top class motorbike class is spread out like the moto gp. Young riders will no longer want to go to the moto gp unless they are assured a repsol honda ride as the others just are competive enough.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Ah, sorry Weephil... didn't realise today's WSBK race was a wet one... I'll have to catch the highlights.

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

Just in...

Just got back from Silverstone and yes, the racing was a bit one dimensional but you got to hand it to them. Wetter than the cloak room at the Otters AGM and scary as hell. Well done Colin for a top finish. Note to Silverstone, if you want to be the premiere track in the UK, sort your bloody road system out! And traipsing miles in the lashing rain over cinders and rubble is NOT a fun day out for the family. Thank you.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Ride of the day

goes to Bradley Smith!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle