Skip to content

Discuss This British MotoGP: Stoner dominates wet race MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > British MotoGP: Stoner dominates wet race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

British MotoGP: Stoner dominates wet race

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has taken the lead in the MotoGP championship with a dominant victory at a rain soaked Silverstone circuit. Current champion Jorge Lorenzo got the holeshot into the first corner, but Stoner and team-mate Andrea Dovizioso passed him before the end of the first lap. Stoner passed Dovizioso at the first corner on lap two and from...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (12 June 2011 14:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Szmolo

Aug 09

Szmolo says:

Yamaha3358 - For someone who doesn't like Rossi you don't half go on about him

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Weephil12

What an ignorant statement to make that Stoner isn't in the same league as Rossi -  although Rossi is hardly performing to premier league standards at the moment so maybe that's what you meant....

No Stoner doesn't have the same number of titles or race wins - so what. Rossi has been around a good number of years longer. Dredging up Rossi's CV is pointless, it's history and irrelavent as to the current performance of both riders. Since Stoner came into MotoGP they have won (thereabouts) an equal number of races. Both are very talented riders.

These Rossi's best/Stoner's best arguments are seriously tiresome, some people can't resist dragging them up no matter what the topic.

This topic is about today's race  which Stoner dominated and in which Rossi had a howler, miles off the pace, not just in the race but all weekend and another crash. Regardless of which rider you support that is what happened. Even the Rossi biased BBC commentary team are finally giving Stoner the credit he deserves as a talented rider. And I had to play it back as I couldn't believe I heard it, but they even acknowledged his achievement in being the only rider to get results out of the Ducati.

Give the man the credit he's due and don;t make such ill-founded remarks.

Reply to this Topic
sparky16

Sep 07

sparky16 says:

Dear Yam3358...

Please could be refrain from posting every comment about you licking stoners ass and slating rossi. Thanks =D

Not a fan of Stoners but no doubt he was today and so far this season in a class of his own but you're giving out these comparisons as if stoner is god's gift.

Heres a comparison - By 25 Rossi had 7 world championships I believe (along with the one where he won on his first year on the yamaha against all odds), Stoner has 1 so far (on by far the fastest bike) although likely to be 2 by the end of the season if he keeps it together. Heard in the interview with rossi that the bike just isn't workin for him. Looking forward to see if these developments make much of a difference!

Reply to this Topic
sparky16

Sep 07

sparky16 says:

Just noticed the statistic was posted below by weephill also lol =S

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Ahh yes

The old 'well Rossi has 9 championships has 2 so YEAH' grow up you blithering idiot.
You cannot compare 2 riders when one rider has not been in the championship as long as the other..

A fair comparison is to start from when Stoner came into the main class in 2006. Yes Rossi has 2 titles to Stoner's 1 but at the end of this year its looking likely to be 2-2. andas ive said before with the difference of more wins, poles etc .. Take the blurry yellow glasss off and see past your own shite history check

Szmolo - for someone who has joined a motorcycle forum, you seem to comment more on other people's posts, than the racing itself. Not just in this article, but in others to, you seem to be desperate for someone to say 'well said szmolo' .

I dont hate Rossi, but its nice to return the favour from all the old 'stoner can only win luckily' comments.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Another 1 haha

sparky, will you and the rest of the clan stop going on about the past ? the present not working out for you ?

well listen, Rossi only won those 7 championships because he was on the best bike! doesnt sound fair no ?

I commented firstly on the racing TODAY, yet you boys seem to keep bringing up the past.
While im at it, i'll just say .. Rossi is riding like a granny, all he did today was pussy around and hope that other people fall off, and sure enough they did. Its been like that most of the season. Le mans, Jerez ..

He needs to pull his finger out and get on with it .. i wonder is he's fired his proffesional excuse maker. must of been running out of ideas..

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Bike not working ?

Here's a bit of news for ya. Hayden set the fastest lap. On a Ducati. The same one as Rossi's.

Just though i'd make that as clear as possible..

Rossi quote . 'problem is the performance of Nicky as he was always faster than us in the practice but especially in this morning in the warm up I was faster than him but for the race they are able to improve the bike a lot and my bike is very difficult to ride.'

I think its just plain rude that he can say 'i was faster in the warm up'. Most riders don't push hard in warm up with fear of injury or damaging the bike so close to the race.. just look at what happened to J.rea at Misano.. He's basically saying also 'well his bike is better than mine'. Yeah i agree it must have that super transmission that honda has apparently worth half a second a lap eh ? I would have had more respect for Rossi today if he had crashed trying to get further up the field or just said 'i have no pace, sorry to the fans' ..

He's worn out the shoulder excuse, and the bike excuse, its time he starts taking some responsiility. This bike was a winner last season Vale!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Good Vibes

Perhaps it's because I spent some time in New Zealand and fell in love with the people and the country.  I dunno, it just feels good to see an Aussie clock in 15 seconds ahead of his closest competitor.  Well done.

Reply to this Topic
Szmolo

Aug 09

Szmolo says:

"Szmolo - for someone who has joined a motorcycle forum, you seem to comment more on other people's posts, than the racing itself. Not just in this article, but in others to"

Right back at ya.

It doesn't make sense to me that you make out Rossi is an excuse making, 'always on the best bike', can't ride idiot, but when other say the same about Stoner, you get annoyed. Kettle/Pot?? Also I can't help feeling that your comments are aimed at baiting Rossi fans into a row, which as a result moves the conversation away from the racing and into personal digs and insults.

And before you make out I'm Rossi's wannabe boyfriend, personally I like all riders, I have a Rossi canvas on my wall, Stoner as my desktop picture and I'm wearing a Hayden t-shirt!!

The race today was a bit dull, especially after Moto2. I suspect it was one of those races where it's a case of just bringing it home. Hats off to Stoner though, he was riding like he was trying to win the title today!

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Fair enough

But its odd, i have a Rossi canvas, a Stoner desktop and a Lorenzo t shirt! no, really i do.

Yes, i dish it out, but nothing that hasn't been dished out before hand to both sides. I pretty much cannot be fu*ed to reply anymore to the 'casey is lucky' comments, but im sure there are other fans that feel the frustrations of credit being taken away from an outstanding ride..

There's just no winning for him with these lads, Jerez gets taken out, Estoril gets 3rd and hes mentally broken.. wins every other race and its luck !?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices