Skip to content

Discuss This British MotoGP: Stoner dominates wet race MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > British MotoGP: Stoner dominates wet race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

British MotoGP: Stoner dominates wet race

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has taken the lead in the MotoGP championship with a dominant victory at a rain soaked Silverstone circuit. Current champion Jorge Lorenzo got the holeshot into the first corner, but Stoner and team-mate Andrea Dovizioso passed him before the end of the first lap. Stoner passed Dovizioso at the first corner on lap two and from...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (12 June 2011 14:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tbuk7

Sep 10

tbuk7 says:

Stoners Speed

Iam not a big fan of Stoner,But I was standing at Abbey and during the Moto Gp  warm up he was so much faster .It was like he was racing and everyone else was on warm up.The way  he carried the speed through farm curve was amazing.It was obvious from this that he was going to win the race.Last year missed Rossi,this year Carl  but if anyone deserves to win a Moto GP championship its Pedrosa.Comes across as a nice guy who dont seem to moan and bitch,No mind games,Gets on with the job is fast but suffers from more than average bad luck.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

TBUK7

I disagree about Pedrosa.. The guy sure can ride and is one of the fastest in the world.. no doubt.

But.. it's like sticking Naseem hamed up against Tyson.. We know hamed can box but he's not man enough to fight Iron Mike.. maybe.. just maybe.. Pedrosa is nothing more than a 125 or Moto2 rider who's punching massively above his weight. The talent to do a fast lap, and to ride quick in a race is useless without the grit to fight with the best and the ability to roll with the punches.. The guys too small and fragile to be a serious GP contender as far as i'm concerned. He's proved his ability time and time again but has ALWAYS failed to put an injury free season together and therefore... If I was a bloke with contracts... I'd never consider him!

Reply to this Topic
weephil12

Apr 11

weephil12 says:

bultoboy

what does it matter is stoner wasnt around rossi faced a much tougher feild than him when he was winning his world championships. Biaggi barros gibernau capparossi much harder racers than stoner as they all had to actually race each other not take off and sail around till the end. Lorenzo is a multiple world champion rossi is a multiple world champion stoner has 1 speaks for itself. This myth that rossi has always had the best bike he dissproved that by winning the title the first year on the yamaha but again seems to be ABR coming to the fore again good ride by stoner yes but still cannot be compared in the same level as rossi. And if u want to see a true masterclass of wet weather racing watch the supersport race from the nw200 pure skill and in much tougher conditions than that off sunday.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Rossi on the Yamaha in 2004 is always trotted out as the example of how he can win on an uncompetitive bike. Had he raced the 2003 bike and got the same result there would be no dispute.

Yamaha threw everything at the 2004 bike, it was a complete redesign. Yamaha did this, not Rossi or Burgess. Yamaha designers/engineers The 2002 Yamaha wasn't a bad bike but they got it wrong in 2003. 2004 they got it right again and Rossi/Burgess and crew had a good base to start with.

Your argument about him winning on an uncompetitive bike falls flat on its face since his Ducati move.

The names you quote as challengers to Rossi's early championships, funnily enough, are the same names that Rossi fans say weren't in his league, he was too good for them. But when it suits the argument, they were tougher competition than today's.

Reply to this Topic
weephil12

Apr 11

weephil12 says:

dont see how biaggi and capparossi arent great competition multiple world champions in their own right. I accept that stoner is a good rider just cant be compared to rossi as he hasnt accomplised as much as rossi had at his age lorenzo is the only one in that feild that has done anything near rossi accomplisments u cant just say oh if cacey was there he would have beaten him rossi is a phenomen ask anybody in racing except people blinded by the light shining out stoners ass and they will tell even agostini a true legend of racing has siad that rossi is an extreme talent.  He didnt name himself the G.O.A.T that was colin edwards who lets face knows more about racing than any of us. Notice u didnt respond to the masterclass at the nw200 by seeley donald anstey and basically everyone out there that day true racing on way more extreme conditionsthats what people will pay to see not stoner wandering off.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

R U sure

Bultoboy?
Where did u hear that from.
Burgess and Rossi had an awful lot to do with that bike!
The M1 was never close to a championship before they sorted the bike.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

2004 M1.

Was a poor bike compared to the rest but yet it still won the title if you want to know more about it go and buy the MotoGP Season Review 2004 it will tell you everything what Rossi and Burgess did to that bike and made into a winner at the first time of asking.

Reply to this Topic
mattyamaha

May 10

mattyamaha says:

was there

i was there and saw  lorenzo high side 

Reply to this Topic
tomahawk

Oct 08

tomahawk says:

silverstone gp

Have all Rossi fans got to justify their hero.This was supposed to be a discussion about the latest GP. It's no reflection on you if Rossi gets thrashed on a bike which Stoner constantly won on unless he lost the front.Give the other top riders some credit or do you want Valentino to circulate on his own to be sure of his 1000 win in Moto GP.

Reply to this Topic
motogpnorival

Feb 10

I TOO SAT IN A.......

.......... wind swept, freezing cold and wet stand ( club )....... on sunday and pleased to witness the wet weather masterclass as shown by Casey Stoner and pretty much by every other rider out there on that fowl day....... No Rossi this.... Lorenzo that...... just full of appreciation for what was an incredible weekend of Grand prix racing....... ( come to think of it the weather conditions were the same there the first time I went.... back in 1977...... ) Just the sight and sounds were enough to leave me wanting more...... off to the Sachsenring in July for more of the same ( racing I mean... not the weather...... ) As we witness the rapid and systematic dismantling of Grand Prix Motorcycle racing..... by Dorna.. it was the last time we will see 125cc GP two strokes on British soil.... in a GP class of course...... Next year the dumbing down..... over simplification of the new Moto 3 class and complete shambles of the amended motogp will for me spell near disaster.......

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices