Skip to content

Discuss This British MotoGP: Damage limitation for Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > British MotoGP: Damage limitation for Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

British MotoGP: Damage limitation for Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi ended a miserable debut at the Silverstone circuit with a lucky sixth place as the Italian conceded he was way off the pace throughout the entire British Grand Prix weekend. The 32-year-old finished over a minute behind a dominant Casey Stoner as the progress he's made in recent races at Le Mans and Catalunya came to a shuddering halt...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (13 June 2011 09:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

CBRX11

Only in the dry m8, when taken to the edge in the dry the Ducati has shown front end problems that only Stoner has been able to ride around. In the wet the bike is nowhere near on the edge and should be an awful lot closer than 64 seconds, like Hayden was in fact who proved that he could ride the Duc faster in the wet than Stoner rode the Honda albeit for just one lap. Maybe Rossi ran a dry set up for a wet race like he ran a wet set up for a dry race previously, clutching at straws methinks.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Enough excuses

''The second problem is the performance of Nicky. Always he was faster than me, but this morning in the warm-up I was faster than him and for the race they were able to improve a lot and my bike was very difficult to ride.''

Correct me if im wrong, but Rossi is the main man at Ducati, and therefore if he wants to look at other people's data it shouldnt be a problem, and im sure Nicky would want to help wherever he can.

'In morning warm up i was faster than Nicky' .. woop-de-do Vale, what an achievement, nearly as good as when the fans got excited because you were 4th in FP1 at Estoril !! Mentioned this previously but most riders dont push in warm up for fear of injury or fu*in up the bike, Jonny rea misano warm up = broken arm for example..

'they were able to improve a lot(nickys garage)' so are you calling your crew shit Vale ? jesus just go over and say 'any chance i can have your settings nicky boy?' haha everything he comes out with now is just bolllocks. man up and admit when you are not performing.

Shoulder. Bike. Tyres.Shoulder. Brakes. Shoulder. Leg. Shoulder. Honda transmission. Shoulder. Nicky has better bike. Shoulder. Not once has he said he himself cant match the pace. come onn nowww Rossi

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

VMAX4STEVE

I noticed just how much all the Ducati's suffered from suspension overcompression during the qualifying sessions. It was really clear during the slo-mos. The Hondas and Yamahas did not need as much suspension travel and in some corners where the Dukes were bottoming out, the Jap bikes hardly budged. It seems clear to me that Rossi is not going to push a bike that doesn't give him the correct feel and feedback.  I really can't blame him. Stoner kept pushing that knife-edge framed Duke and kept binning it for the last three years. Carbon fibre is way too rigid to do the job.

As far as Hayden's fast lap in the wet goes, I wouldn't read too much into that. Stoner was 16 seconds in front and had no intention of going any faster than he had to. It's too bad that they haven't sorted out the Dukes yet. Even though I'm an Aussie and want Stoner to do well, I'd love to see some scrapping up near the sharp end.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

So Rossi's team mate is faster

Don't see why he's making such a fuss, his team mate was faster last year so he ought to be used to it by now. Wosi and leemuz, it's just getting sad now.

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Rossi, what a guy. Pure genius...

The man just has to ride around and manages to wind people like Yamaha3358 right up. Lol.

"Shoulder. Bike. Tyres.Shoulder. Brakes. Shoulder. Leg. Shoulder. Honda transmission. Shoulder. Nicky has better bike. Shoulder. Not once has he said he himself cant match the pace. come onn nowww Rossi"-Yamaha3358, posted from a pink Blackberry.

I could be immature regarding Stoner and say "Best bike. One Championship (2007 gifted with best bike). No competition. Cheats gearbox. Best Manufacturer. More experience on Bridgestones. Most money spent in winter testing and development. Honda Biggest Factory in Motogp. Team orders. Lack of investment from other teams for last 800cc season"......the list goes on.

But I won't because even Stoner would be embarressed for you. God bless his Aussie socks. ;)

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Your quote though RDB

'Rossi, the guys a hero' Edwards get 3rd after braking collarbone though?

that'll be remembered, your a funny one mate.

Can you say something relevant as to why Rossi performed so badly at Silverstone ? i mean all youv'e done is divert attention to my comments and other stuff. So please, let us no 'rossi is god' expert.

Perfect conditions - rain.. for the STILL badly damaged shoulder, Spies, Simo, Lorenzo crash out therefore making up 3 places. Crutchlow and Pedrosa not starting therefore making up a futher 2 positions..

Would 11th have been his worst result ever ?

now remember to stick to the question .. what do you tihnk the reasons for his performance were?.. finishing a close 64 seconds behind the leader ..

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

And to your

"Best bike. One Championship (2007 gifted with best bike). No competition. Cheats gearbox. Best Manufacturer. More experience on Bridgestones. Most money spent in winter testing and development. Honda Biggest Factory in Motogp. Team orders. Lack of investment from other teams for last 800cc season".

pretty much all are just SPECULATION from the sore losers such as yourself. there is no facts.
whereas everything i have mentioned Rossi has said on TV, therefore is true.

'Team orders' haha, gets me every time.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Stoner. What a guy. Pure legend.

All he has to do is win 4 out of 5 completed races for fools like RDB to come out with dumb ass comments like 'team orders', he's lucky. its the bike. If Rossi were on the honda.. etc

Reply to this Topic
Halitosis

Jun 10

Halitosis says:

2 Serial Reality Deniers ...

Wosideg & leemuz – let’s just correct the record from the pap & crap that two desperately, depressed, desiccated dog droppings determine to be truth …
Rossi inveigled his way OUT of his job with Yamaha with threats and ultimatums - and good on them for saying, “OK, go then! He was then STUCK WITH Ducati. Anyone that can’t discern this simple and obvious fact is an absolute wanker. Going back B4 Yamaha and his tantrums there about money, the Bridgestones and Lorenzo etc - can you imagine for a moment how Honda felt in late2003/4? Rossi standing them up also robbed them and their talent pool in Team and Crew too when Burgess and Coy went to Yamaha. This, as much as anything else explains Honda’s downfall and conspicuous lack of success with the 800’s for a few years – they had been “gutted” of behind the scenes talent too. Getting the 4 x Yamaha electronics boffins and Livio Suppo has largely fixed that situation and isolated the disruptive & divisive Puig too. Don’t think for a nanosecond they would have Rossi back – they have set their principles in stone with Biaggi (by decree, he couldn’t get ANY Honda ride – let alone an HRC one) and a few others before Rossi. They had provided him with the BEST bikes AND Crew/Team available for 4 seasons in Burgess & Coy and the NSR500 and then the RC211V - AND not only paid him “basic” upwards of 5-6 Million Brit Pounds Sterling per year – but also ensured his upward trajectory to success and stardom. What does Rossi do on leaving? Instead of leaving the door even slightly ajar or even any attempt at being “gracious” – he bad-mouths Honda. Oh No, VR – that’s a real no no with HRC. See you around – Fini!

Casey Stoner was booed and heckled on winning both the 2007 and 2008 Brit GP’s at Donington. As if that wasn’t bad enough, he also got the same treatment all over again after donating gear and attending the Riders For Health charity auction. As if that wasn’t bad enough, he also had his motorhome rocked and vandalised and daubed with graffiti. These are fans of motorcycle racing? So, the next year he didn’t attend the Auction but again donated heaps of gear. Now we have a genius like leemuz shutting his eyes and putting on his welding goggles to look at the past ( to totally deny or ignore what happened to Casey Stoner for his time, generosity and trouble) and then have the totally dumb as a hammer intellectual wankery to whinge that Stoner didn’t attend the Auction this year either. Would you – or anyone with half a brain? Of course, a very slow learner and mindless jerk like leemuz would only be upset because he didn’t have the opportunity, as a “true fan of the sport “ to abuse Stoner all over again. It is truly nauseating isn’t it? Selective amnesia and attempting to blacken a rider’s reputation as a donor and supporter of an admirable cause. And all in the name of poisonous and envious bias.

I bet Casey just weeps himself to sleep every night over what dopey morons like this like this think.

Reply to this Topic
whemy

Oct 10

whemy says:

rainey true champ

checkout last weeks mcn silverstone pullout section 3 times champ wayne rainey states rossi won his titles easier as max and sete were push overs not like jorge and casey what a great read that was the so called god is basically lucky he joined motogp at the right time and now look at him gettin beat every week come on champ you can do better only thing is now his team mate is beating him i remember last year when nicky was beating stoner at the start of the season o what crap casey got off the usual 46 maggots nice to see the tables turning...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices