Skip to content

Discuss This Neck injury relief for Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Neck injury relief for Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Neck injury relief for Cal Crutchlow

Cal Crutchlow will finally undergo surgery on his broken left collarbone today having learned he has no neck injury as a result of his high-speed crash during qualifying for last weekend’s British Grand Prix. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider broke his collarbone in four places when he fell heavily at the second corner in the early stages of Saturday’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 June 2011 09:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nickyb65

Jan 10

nickyb65 says:

Get well soon Cal

...Get well soon mate, looking forward to seeing you on the track soon!

Reply to this Topic
hardrock

Dec 04

hardrock says:

Damn Shame

It is good to hear that Cal may be soon on the mend. The British GP seems to hold a curse over all the UK MotoGP riders (remember the trials of James Toseland). Maybe it is trying that little bit too hard in front of the home fans (and lets face it we would all do it if we had the chance),

Personally, I didn't think Cal would do so well on the Tech 3 after watching James struggle last year but he has surprised me and is obviously fulfilling the potential that the team managers could see in him. I think Cal's perfomances to date have been brilliant and a real reason to watch all of the warm ups, qualifying and racing.

I did find the racing at the weekend a little flat without Cal being there and if Colin Edwards can get a 3rd place with his injuries then what would a fully fit Cal have done on the day. A real shame.

Get well soon mate and get taking it to them again.

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

Hope to see you back soon Cal

Get that hyperbaric chamber booked! Good to hear no neck injury.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

You only have to look at Cal's performance in last year's superbike race at Silverstone to appreciate his potential here in a performance that would have put most of the MotoGP pack to shame... so sad he didn't get to realise it. Get back racing soon Cal.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Hope he gets healed quick and returns to full racing with no fear. The country he comes from did not fare well with their last entrant, after his many crashes. Seems as though a lot of fans was hanging their hats on Cal getting a podium or dare I say winning the Silverstone race.

Cal Crutchlow is in 13th and is hailed as though he is giving Rossi a whoop ass because he somehow manages to beat him in a few FP and QP.  Thank god that Rossi helped him with the development of his WSBK ride last year, otherwise we may have seen a chap here in Motogp with no wins and some stupid WSS championship.

Here's to  30 barren years in Motogp with their best rider, a 2 time WSBK champion not managing to even bag a podium. Much less a 3 win, 5th place finisher named Cal. If this was supposed to be his crowning glory to getting that win or podium, well Rookie of the year is already out of his grasp. And he is riding and award winning 2010 M1. Carry on good man. Heal and come back ready. No fear!!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Milikybars... Rookie of the year?... Cal is 3 points behind Abraham... yeah can't see him ever making that up at this stage in the season...

I can't work you out... is anything you post based on fact?... or are you takin' the piss & I just don't get it?

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Glad he's ok, it looked so innocent...

At least he's ok. Shame for our Brit entry. Seems we're jinxed, or Brits riding the Tech 3 Yamaha's are!!!

The fall looked quite innocent. Crazy how some get away with it and others don't.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Lucky Star

Glad its not too serious and hope your back soon.

Reply to this Topic
nickhowes

Aug 09

nickhowes says:

Cal

I'm amazed at the recovery from surgery for broken clavicles these days.  Cal's teammate did a fantastic job a couple of weeks after breaking his.  As to WSS being a "stupid" championship, Milkybars, how wrong can you be?  The 600s always provide brilliant racing - Moto2 or WSS.  Rather a full grid of really motivated racers, on pretty competitive machines, than the processional bore that a grid of 17 is currently providing in MotoGP.  It only gets really interesting in the rain.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices