Skip to content

Discuss This New EBR 1190RS on sale in UK in 2011 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New EBR 1190RS on sale in UK in 2011

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

New EBR 1190RS on sale in UK in 2011

Magnesium wheels, 175bhp, 97ft-lb, 176kg, all-carbon bodywork, £27k, plans for three more new models…. THIS is how you bounce back from a breakup you even managed to lose your name in. And it'll be on sale in the UK before the end of 2011. Denied the right to append to his own name to bikes that are more his than ever (Harley-Davidson...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 June 2011 09:55)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Forget Lego..

I'll have one of these kits for christmas please!

Can you think of a better job to do!? (Bar racer of course) Lucky man!

Looks nice apart from the weird 2-split can. Wonder if there's a toned down naked commuter to come too?

Reply to this Topic
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

????

i love the bike

but who has 24 to 27k to lay down on a bike these days ?

Might be time to get a marketer who has the same skills the designer had

i would love to see a streetfighter / naked affordable bike from Erik

Reply to this Topic
Lightning Boy

Mar 07

Superb.

Not my sort of bike, but I am so chuffed that Eric is back in business after Harley so rudely dumped him. I think the very least HD could do is at least let him use his own name on the bikes! I watched the video and that engine just sounds insane, I hope he gets to the point where he can manufacture these in some quantities and more of us can enjoy his barking creations. Congratulations EBR.

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Of course,

...what he should do is not just make sports bikes, but a naked roadster in the style of, say, a XR1200X. Or a V-Rod. And have it made in China, where they don't give a shit about patents or copyrights. `Coz 24k ain't going to scare the Japanese, or the Italians, and it's no threat to H-D.

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

i think

i would get a STD hayabusa a spend some money on it tuning it. instead of that crap

EBR, i give em a year. good luck

Reply to this Topic
dmgaffer

Apr 11

dmgaffer says:

interesting

I used to own a buell, a true riders bike, good luck Erik maybe going in a bit high end for the current economy, but how anyone can dismiss this as crap without even looking at it then start talking about spending the spare cash on tarting up a hayabusa which is a completely different style of bike just makes me laugh

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

i doubt

this bike is worth £24K -£27K , it would have to be special. what is this bike going to offer that a top end duke of F4 wouldn't? otherwise it would be crap and rather pointless, in today tough economic cliamte.

Reply to this Topic
Lightning Boy

Mar 07

Coxyjm...

Its probably escaped your notice but, while us mere mortals struggle to pay our credit cards, those more moneyed individuals are doing just fine, flouncing around in their Porsches etc. They still have plenty of expendable cash to fritter away on low production run specials like this. Ducati produced a £37k bike but had no trouble selling out and Confederate continue to sell motorbikes with gargantuan price tags. But maybe you're right, maybe people should just stop trying to create something special and just churn out the same unimaginative tat that they have for years... welcome to the big four!

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

i dont know

about everyone else here, but there is nothing imaginative about somone spanking a wad of cash on something that rolls off the factory floor whether it is a "special edition" or not. i would rather buy something half decent for half the price and spend time, effort and imagination for want of a better word, on making a run of the mill boring bike my own. that's all.

I have had just as much fun looking at optional OEM parts fo my curent bike, which is still a work in progress. i am well aware that a 1300 hayabusa is a different type of bike compared to this EBR, i was merely trying to make a point. dmgaffer

I do think this bike is pretty, but rather pointless. good luck to em, still give it em year though

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Well the latest Busa is in my opinion one of the best VFM , fastest , comfortable long distance not to mention shorter, brain out bikes ever made , only people who have never ridden one of these could possibly post such negative comments. These bikes are quite simply the most, in so many ways.( apart from of course the sunny sunday afternooners who think it looks ugly from behind!!!!!! Having owned and actually ridden many bikes over the last 33 years I cannot recall a better machine being produced by any company however big or small and for such a modest price. Buy one now before the Liberals take over this country. As for the Buell? i may buy one in a few years , as an investment.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices