Skip to content

Discuss This New EBR 1190RS on sale in UK in 2011 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New EBR 1190RS on sale in UK in 2011

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

New EBR 1190RS on sale in UK in 2011

Magnesium wheels, 175bhp, 97ft-lb, 176kg, all-carbon bodywork, £27k, plans for three more new models…. THIS is how you bounce back from a breakup you even managed to lose your name in. And it'll be on sale in the UK before the end of 2011. Denied the right to append to his own name to bikes that are more his than ever (Harley-Davidson...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 June 2011 09:55)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dmgaffer

Apr 11

dmgaffer says:

Who slagged the busa

Snev... who has slagged off the busa?? I commented that it is a totally different type of bike to the EBR... not that it was not a good bike, in fact i'm a big fan of the busa, but the point of my comment was why slag of the EBR when it has not even hit the road yet and why compare it with a bike (Hayabusa) that is not designed with the same intentions i.e Sports Tourer and Sports Bike :blink:

Reply to this Topic
PingCrosby

Jul 07

PingCrosby says:

Gruell

I like it, looks and sounds nice.

Reply to this Topic
Sumanster

Jan 10

Sumanster says:

Sweet!

That motor sounds FANTASTIC! 

Its even better than the background music, which I recognize from the Erik Buell & the Thunderbolts album "Anthem". :)

About the only feature I dislike is that they switched from belt to chain drive.  Still, hopefully plenty of high-rollers will buy this bike to help Erik finance the development and production of more affordable models for the rest of us.  I can't think of a more worthy future successor to my Firebolt.

Reply to this Topic
skoop99

Jul 10

skoop99 says:

Looks mint...

Also looks made for the race track... If it as good as the Ducati 1198, it needs to be raced...

I wouldn't have one, though. Not a fan of arse up, head down faired sportsbikes. But it looks fast standing still!

Reply to this Topic
Jyhfeei

Jul 11

Jyhfeei says:

Should be racing this month

The $40k price is because it is a run of only 100 bikes such that the bike can be homologated for AMA superbike racing.  I do not think EBR is making a dime on these bikes even at that price.

Three, cheaper bikes are supposed to come, I assume after some investors.

And yes, the racing Buell sounds very meaty.  Sort of the Panoz of superbikes if you remember what those LMP cars sounded like. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle