Skip to content

Discuss This Video: BMW K1600GTL speed testing New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: BMW K1600GTL speed testing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: BMW K1600GTL speed testing

We investigate 8 things that you never knew about the BMW K1600GTL in this week's MCN. One of those things is that the big Bavarian tourer is bloody fast. The K1600GTL does 137.62mph. We know - we measured it. Which may not be that impressive in itself but is a darn sight better than its only credible close rival, Honda's 200cc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 June 2011 17:30)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Fliyingp----------

Why click on the link then ? It clearly shows what they are going to do, oh and its called having a bit of fun.

Reply to this Topic
SpeedLimitRacer

Feb 11

It's interesting to see how fast these arm chairs really are! Sounds great too! I want one.

Reply to this Topic
Lifelongbiker

Sep 10

usual stuff

Another video that misses the mark by MCN. I can almost guarantee that now one who is lucky enough to by this bike will ever need a speed test. They may be interested in the 50 -80 time, how much torque it has, how much luggage fits into the panniers, How many miles can you do on a tankful of fuel. We shouldn't be surprised by this though, MCN have been missing the mark for years

Reply to this Topic
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

All tourers

should be made to sound as good as that! Btw, flying p, it's just an exercise in seeing how fast the big BM goes, purely for the entertainment of normal like-minded people. What are you doing here on MCN's website if this doesn't interest you?

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Does sound sweet. As for the "sensible" comments - if a bike isn't fun, then you may as well buy a car. I'd like to see a vid of the GT getting a flogging with a set of race cans...

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Hey LifelongBORER ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

For the Two institute of advanced borers who have commented, how is it not sensible?? its not on public roads is it?

And how does it miss the point?? its called "a bit of fun" you two have obviously forgotten how to have fun lol lighten up, book a lads holiday to Thailand or summat........but thinkin on, you'd probably have no mates to go with!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Iv'e been trying to work out why I ride bikes and to be honest I can't really put my finger on any one reason. As an avid cyclist when young I longed to get out of the gutter and keep up with the traffic then I bought a clapped out Honda ss50 and rode it up and down the drive untill I was 16, and started work ,which earned me enough money to buy my dream bike,(which was by this time restricted) a 50cc Suzuki zr50 x1 which was very new and reliable but painfully slow so at the age of 17 I managed to purchase a 250 cc rocketship which was the equal of many a hothatch untill the Powers that be started messing with the law. Then I saw my first CBX1000 which had 1000cc's and six cylinders and produced 105 bhp. Now I don't want to sound too nostalgic but if you have never experienced a Six at full chat and not felt moved by the sound then you are probably in a coma.

Reply to this Topic
Richard T

Aug 07

Richard T says:

Bike testers

I thought it was only the Japanese factories that employed 8-stone midgets to do their bike testing. Which is why most of their output is so bloody uncomfortable for real men. As for the beemer - a red one please Santa!

Reply to this Topic
tl1000kid

Aug 02

tl1000kid says:

needs two extra (little) wheels

What this bike needs is outrigger wheels that automatically drop down below, say, 4mph. The idea of keeping your feet up at a standstill and not having to worry about keeping all that weight balanced and upright sounds compelling to me. But then I am a lazy sod ;-)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices