Skip to content

Discuss This Drivers urged to look for bikers at junctions General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Drivers urged to look for bikers at junctions

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Drivers urged to look for bikers at junctions

Drivers will be urged to look out for motorcyclists at junctions in a Government bid to cut casualties. Road Safety Minister Mike Penning has today launched a new campaign aimed at getting drivers to think more about riders. The message will be pushed through advertisements at petrol forecourts and on national radio. The Department for Transport (DfT) says action is needed because 78%...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 June 2011 07:47)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

hey ginginb-----i

suck my cock.

Reply to this Topic
Histy

Sep 10

Histy says:

Its a start!

Well this is nothing new but for once the Gov is not slating bikers so much. This is on the right tracks .... un like France? Histy http://www.motorcycle-training.info/

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CaNsA

Jul 09

CaNsA says:

Drivers urged to look for bikers at junctions

So drivers are being urged to do one of the 1st things you are taught on a drving lesson....

Hopefully this means the fatcats are realising that the majority of car drivers cant drive for shit and shouldnt be on the road.

Reply to this Topic
m0rgo

Nov 09

m0rgo says:

Do them a favour!

If we accept that other road users are myopic and distracted - we could do worse than help them out a bit.

The number of bikers wearing dark or black clothing,  on black or dark coloured bikes, I see most days isn't helping other road users.

Those that do wear hi-vis often cover it up with black rucksacks. Use some imagination to get seen!

Let's give them a hand guys!

P.S. SNEV may trust his loud pipes to draw attention to himself, but trust me, it ain't going to be as loud 'inside' a car as my stereo is - and I'm confident that goes for a lot of other people.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

morqo

nanu nanu shazbut ( i loved your show with Mindy man , it was awesome) Staying alive whilst riding a bike is all about staying alert, vision, anticipation and an ability to be noticed in any way possible. The Loud pipes I have on my bike are just one of my defences just as you with your loud music are just one of the threats . I fear the day when I come upon a deaf, Myopic, teenage, pensioner into Techno thrash hardcore on a mobile phone texting their partner whilst watching a DVD on their Halfords special ice from behind dark tinted windows. there are 2000000 bikers in Britain, its not us that nead the training.

Reply to this Topic
iancol

Sep 07

iancol says:

Dangerous crossings

Another example.  This was on a 40 mph section of road, but crossed by a side road with a very steep approach:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/ex_boxer_dies_in_bike_crash_1_3502816

Reply to this Topic
mark0711

Mar 11

mark0711 says:

I agree with CaNsA ! drivers these day are to incompetant and therefore should not be allowed to drive , its not us that need the so called  EXTRA TRAINING ! take a look at this new 2 part motorcycle test for instance . They brought it out to make it harder for bikers to get on the road , i dont see them making the car test harder !

Reply to this Topic
mattyamaha

May 10

mattyamaha says:

so they should

i hate it when filtering throught traffic and they see you comming   and they pull out abit more so you cant go past

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle