Skip to content

Discuss This WSB Aragon: Checa regains control in Spain – One second covers top 16 World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSB Aragon: Checa regains control in Spain – One second covers top 16

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

WSB Aragon: Checa regains control in Spain – One second covers top 16

Championship leader Carlos Checa made the improvements he promised yesterday to become the pace setter and provisional pole man after second qualifying this morning. In much cooler air and track temperatures the Spanish rider reduced his lap time by 0.990s but it wasn’t just his speed over a single lap, Checa showed consistency which will no doubt be worrying his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 June 2011 12:47)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YZF750RR

Sep 09

YZF750RR says:

Longing for

Remember when there was only a 4 cylinder WSB championship, close racing, great spectacle and viewing. Plus, the twin has 1199cc and runs as a 1098. Just how many rules are set in favour of twins? Honda beat Ducati with a 1000cc twin, the SP1 and SP2. So, why can 1199cc twins race in WSB and BSB? Oh, yes, cheating wins every time.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

There could be a.

Few surprise packages likes of Badovini come race day but I think this will be a race decided by the Italian manufacturers Ducati and Aprilia the long straights on this circuit make it an advantage for them hopefully either one of the Yam riders make it on to the podium over the two races.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

YZF750RR

I totally agree with you mate. I think they need to bring in a formula that averages the power:weight and the torque:weight, then any bike falling within the set limits should be allowed in WSBK provided it's an homologated vehicle. The state of affairs that sees Ducati upping the capacity whenever they lag behind a bit has got to stop if we are to see long term commitment from all manufacturers. If I was a manufacturer making a 4 cylinder bike, why would I want to spend big dollars on a team when I have a good chance of losing long before an engine's been revved in anger?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

in reality though

Do the Ducatis really have an advantage?
In the past this may have been the case but now I dont really think they do.
How many Ducatis are winning races at the moment?
Just Checa on the bike with lowest top speed and the least power.
Why is Checa dominating at the moment?
Not because he has the best bike but because he is riding so well.
Surely the best bike on the grid is the RS4.
Well so everybody said last year!!!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

oh

and another thing....Ducati  do not just up the capacity whenever they feel like it.
There are strict rules and regs as I am sure you know which are closely looked at from every angle.

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

I cant believe anyone is still going on about the 'surprise' Ducati wins, last year when Checa started winning, I and  a few other people said there was a rabbit off here somewhere, never does a private team start winning on the same bike as the works team on a regular basis, not at this level of expense series; we were attacked by loads of people who just siad Checa was brilliant, he isnt it, he is good and was given a great deal by Ducati, he knew what was going to happen last year and this - the opportunity they were giving him to revitalise his career, it was just a publicity stunt by Ducati, they had won everything already, to catch the attention of the public they simply backed a rider in a private team above their works riders then continued full works support under the cloak of a private team, now even when an ex Ducati rider points to all of the full works crew and management in the pits directly paid by the factory - not employed by the private team, this conversation still rumbles on, amazing, their publicity stunt worked.

In a recession Ducati are still backing WSBK where other teams are reducing their spend, that is the bottom line, Yamaha have the bike and the engine they just cant control it, the Aprilia is a good bike but just because Biaggi is small and light and unsurprisingly hits high speeds down the straights he is supposed to have the best bike yet superstock has dropped them as quickly as they got them, BM cant get their electrics right and Honda keep avoiding employing a good second rider plus have an old bike, that is why the Ducati is winning.  Plus Checa has ridden very well - up to now.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Superbikes

Well the past has shown Ducati doing this every time the 750's started to get quicker. They are able to bend the ears of the regulators and get the rules 'refined'. It's not me saying this it's history mate. I reckon they can get parity by taking Power, Torque and Weight and using the formula (P+T)/2w applying it to every bike. Any bike at or below 0.75 for example, would be eligible. This is better than just applying power to weight ratios alone or using arbitrary weight restrictions. They could even apply this formula after the rider's weight has been taken into account if they wish. Any bikes outside the regs would be ballasted until it fit in. No more dubious capacity changes, no more appearances of impropriety. This would return integrity back to the series and make the racing closer. SBK is a great series I just love it. I want to see some racing!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices