Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati to roll out radical new bike in Assen MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati to roll out radical new bike in Assen

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati to roll out radical new bike in Assen

Ducati has confirmed it will roll out a radical new bike for Valentino Rossi in Assen this weekend called the GP11.1 The bike includes the current 800cc engine fitted in a chassis that Ducati has been working on for the new GP12 1000cc bike ahead of next season. It also features a new gearbox called the DST – Ducati Seamless Transmission...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (20 June 2011 13:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Personally

I would laught my @ss off to see Hayden on the GP11.1 whoop Rossi on the GP11.9.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

what is that based on?? Rossi has had a better start this year than Stoner had the last two and has twice the competition Casey ever had. It just doesn't add up that he is doing a lot worse than Casey, no better than the last couple of years though yet. The big diff is that Casey was in his 3rd and 4th years, Rossi a hand full of injured races.. You wouldn't put money on Rossi riding around at the back of the alien after 3 years on the bike...

Reply to this Topic
kristofuwe

Jan 11

kristofuwe says:

An interesting development, hopefully this will bring the Ducatis back to the front so we can get some close racing going. Outside of the usual Rossi/Stoner fighting that happens here the obvious benchmark when comparing this years bike to last years is Hayden, he's struggled to get much from the bike this year as well, which would imply that there's been a change somewhere that has caused a bit of a step backwards this year.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

"...and has twice the competition Casey ever had"

Casey had the same main 3 Aliens... except Casey had a 9 times world champ on a Yamaha not a 1 timer on a Duc... yeah, you're right, Casey had it easy when he was at Ducati.

You're selecting the races you want to support your arguement... I select his most recent on the Ducati as the most relevent to mine. At the end of the day it's pointless statistics as Bultoboy said & as Danouklis's statement supports.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Did I miss something?

A proven winner? Of what? Sean Foley, CS hasn't won anything on the Ducati for the last 3 years. Its been either win it or bin it, but no championships. Infact the Ducati only won in 07 because CS hadn't had time to "develop" the bike into the total mess that VR is now sorting out and no doubt gonna turn into a CONSISTENT race winner

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Sorry... * ...not a 1 timer on a Honda.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Surprised

Im surprised Rossi has done as well as he has on the Ducati . Stoner is clearly the superior rider now .

Reply to this Topic
lovell2576

Jan 08

lovell2576 says:

Great news

Rossi, Burgess, Duke development team are all putting there balls on the block with this one. Its great to see such big risks being taken. If this bike works and we see Rossi get back to the front to challenge Stoner its going to be awesome. Imagine the rest of the season being a Laguna 08 :-))

Are we seeing the fact that Stoner did not get the development he wanted as he had no clue in what direction to lead the Ducati development team? Are we just seeing Rossi bringing in loads of sponsorship money so ducati can piss it all up the wall making GP11.1 GP11.2 GP11.3 etc until they get it right? In a recession where not even the title winning Yamaha can get a title sponsor, I dont think so.

instead of moaning, why dont we wait and see what happens and at the end of the season we can then all comment on how Shit Rossi and Burgess are or how Shit Casey has been etc etc etc. 

At the moment its more exciting watching the potential evolution of the Ducati rather than the shit MotoBore racing.  

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Development

Correct me if i am wrong but didn't Honda roll out a number of chassis and major engine changes throughout last season in order to get the brilliant bike that they have rolled out for this year? Not much different to what Ducati are doing this year is it? They are developing their bike to make it competitive... Surely that is the name of the game!?

Surely this will be a good thing if the updates work as it will be another rider up front to challenge the Honda rocket! Just hope Yamaha get their act together and get their bikes sorted so we get some good close racing.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Sure

Supermario, you keep believing Stoner drew up a plan and said 'i want this for the next 3 years' and then your knight in shining armour is their to sort it out. The win it or bin it attitude was all he had going for him, he's not a rider who like finishing 2nd, so pushed it beyond the limits every now and again.

Ducati have gone all out on this one because Rossi couldn't win on the GP11, which isnt all that different to the GP10. which Stoner got 3 wins and 8 podiums on.

'no doubt gonna turn into a CONSISTENT race winner'

Yeah, we'll see.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices