Skip to content

Discuss This Lowes gets Castrol Honda WSB call up World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Lowes gets Castrol Honda WSB call up

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Lowes gets Castrol Honda WSB call up

British Superbike sensation Alex Lowes will ride for the Castrol Honda team in World Superbike as a replacement for the injured Jonathan Rea. The 20 year old from Lincoln will line up for his first ever WSB race at Brno on 8th to 10th July before getting the chance to compete in front of his home crowd when the world championship...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 June 2011 14:05)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Every cloud!

Poor ol Rea, It goes from bad to worse for him! I think too much pressure was put on the lads shoulders with everyone thinking he would be in the title hunt this year.. He unfortunately seems to have gone to pieces (Literally)

However, the boy wonder (Lowes) will be a welcomed sight for all (maybe not the opposition)! This kid is special and very exciting! Probably the most exciting British rider out there at the moment. I think he is a future great and already at such a young age he has shown he can adapt quickly to new bikes (probably easier when you are younger actually as you have less fear).. he really is quality!

Good luck to Alex and Shakey! I'll be there chearing you both on!

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER

Aug 02

FATFRYER says:

WFR what where you thinking when you tryed to rail road the lad into signing a shite contract

look who's laughing now!!

Good luck Alex show em what you got, i think there maybe a full time seat in that taem next year and it won't be Jonnys!!!

Reply to this Topic
weephil12

Apr 11

weephil12 says:

Probbly not their first choice rider but the best honda would let them have. Good luck but that bike is a dog so not expecting great things.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Gently does it

As long as he brings it home in one piece he will have achieved the goal, no heroics required at present.

Reply to this Topic
daveandtrig1

Apr 07

daveandtrig1 says:

Mega Opportunity

The choice of Alex to ride for the injured Rea, is a great idea. Gives him the opportunity for a possible ride next year. Rae, Lowes 20012 Honda? Unstoppable.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Alex

I didnt see this on the horizon , but a good chance to show what he can do . The other fireblades being wasted at the moment . Maybe if Alex goes well IE beats Xaus , he might get a shot on Xaus's bike when Rea returns ?? I doubt it but it would be good alot of ifs n buts :D

Reply to this Topic
Wellgofar

Jul 10

Wellgofar says:

Xaus Out?

Fantastic news that Alex has been chosen, he'll work well in the WSB team. There is no doubt that Alex will outride Xaus, but replace him next year? It's a possibility but Xaus carries a load of sponsorship with him and if Honda can afford to drop him then Alex stands a chance. It's time for Xaus to hang up his shredded leathers and crashed bikes, he's beyond it now. The only entertainment he offers is how spectacular his next crash will be! Go Alex, show em all!

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

castrol

I hope someone gets results on this chatterbox. Im afraid that things dont change Honda will be looking for another sponsor, which is bad for the sport. Hopefully they will get a new model for next year or something.

Reply to this Topic
Gary101

Feb 08

Gary101 says:

Nice 1

GET IN !

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

good to see

It's good to see Alex get the opportunity to do wsb ,but that bike is no great package this year ,so I hope Alex doesn't try too hard to get the thing at the sharp end and it end in tears,He has enough to deal with jumping from wfr to kawasaki and has yet to settle into some good race finishes with that without the added pressure of wsb ,but good luck to him,I hope he uses it to put him self in the market place and not as a challenge to see how quick he can be on the pace .there is a lot of the season still to go in bsb yet

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices