Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Rain fails to dampen Valentino Rossi’s spirits MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Rain fails to dampen Valentino Rossi’s spirits

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Assen MotoGP: Rain fails to dampen Valentino Rossi’s spirits

Rain and a cancelled practice session failed to dampen Valentino Rossi’s spirits after he made an encouraging debut on Ducati’s new GP11.1 bike in Assen today. Riding the radical new bike for the first time, Rossi was second fastest in the rain this morning, the 32-year-old clocking a best time of 1.49.296 to finish 0.360s behind compatriot Marco Simoncelli. The Ducati GP11.1...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (23 June 2011 19:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

At long bloody last

At long bloody last Ducati are starting to pull their finger out.

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

I've loved the smoke screen of "testing the GP12" when they were actually developing a new chassis for this season. Hope it works. Might wipe the frown of Stoner's face.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Ducati couldn't polish the GP11 turd, so they flushed it :-)

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Crafty bastards!!!!!!!

No matter how they word it...Rossi HAS Been testing parts outside of official testing for this years bike.

I'm all for getting Rossi up to speed & mixing it with the front runners, but this is taking the piss............

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

@vtwinmark

Bingo. But you have to give to them for getting away with it!!

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Sour grapes...

Now, now, come on boys, there is no need to be like that! Wosideg provided a very good link in another post that you may wish to look at before casting wrong judgments.. I am just trying to help as i would hate to see anybody make a fool of themselves with outlandish statements such as Ducati and Rossi have cheated before they know the facts.

http://www.motomatters.com/news/2011/06/21/ducati_and_honda_2012_motogp_testing_com.html

Please, thank me later :)

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Also

What is with all this "Radical" new bike talk from Mr Birt?? Why is it Radical?

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Just what 'The Doctor' ordered...

Seems to me the first time VR has been so positive. Don't forget he has risked his reputation by going to Ducati to ride a bike only one rider was a proven winner on. Well, a big part of that bike has finally been scrapped so it can only get better from here. It's nice to hear Rossi so positive. I still think the Honda's have s better bike. We'll see on Sunday. The new gearbox sounds interesting stuff. DST indeed. Stoner will be choking on his cheese sandwich regarding all this development at Bologna, lol.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Not Sunday my friend, Race day is Saturday.

Dont go missing it!

I would like to add that a lot of people are saying it is a whole new bike (which i disagree with mind) but if this is the case then does Vale get more kudos for jumping on this "brand new bike" today and going second fastest? It sounds like something Casey would do no?!

Reply to this Topic
AlexL

Feb 09

AlexL says:

the key is in the rear

It is interesting to read that the rear of the bike is new, rather than the front, since both Stoner and Rossi have been complaining about the front. Is this the example of how Rossi's and Burges' reputation in setting up the bike was created? Last year Stoner was doing everything he could to fix the front...by working on the front of the bike - changing the front suspension and the little winglets. Whereas the new guys have approached it from the other side, quite literally, and seem to have slight success so far....but still to be proven over the weekend.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices