Skip to content

Discuss This Newspaper columnist: Ban motorcycles General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Newspaper columnist: Ban motorcycles

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Newspaper columnist: Ban motorcycles

A newspaper column saying motorcycles should be banned has attracted dozens of objections from readers. Hugh Curran begins his article: ‘It's time to ban the motorcycle. There, I said it. It needed to be said.’ The motoring columnist for US daily newspaper Sun Sentinel argues motorcycles are too dangerous and that casualties have an ‘economic impact’ on everyone. He claims that if...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (24 June 2011 16:02)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
scotsmaninusa

Apr 10

US daily newspaper Sun Sentinel?????

are you having a laugh?you're making it sound like it's a national paper.that newspaper is a shitty small newspaper for the south of florida only where a lot of yanks retire too.I wonder if he wants to ban smoking,Mcdonalds,guns and alcohol that kill more fat yanks than bikes.:blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

As a few posters have pointed out , this guy is not the first and most certainly won"t be the last bike/biker hater . A few celeb"s and jurno"s here have critised bikes or how some of us ride them . T.V. a.m. a while back  took a swipe at bikes and to say they are supposed to be "on the fence ,at all times " they made it clear they were not fans . Anyway don"t you think pushbike riders break more laws & road rules than anyone else , so shouldn"t it be them banned first as a absolute menace  ?. I mean WE do pay insurance and sometimes higher road tax than some modern cars . I once said compulsory  helmets and seatbelts would never happen , so you never know .

Reply to this Topic
mogulthrash

Dec 10

mogulthrash says:

lard

Who gives a fuck about this fella's opinions? He should be writing a blog called let the lard speak. Twat.

Reply to this Topic
Jamieh5463

Mar 11

Jamieh5463 says:

To be honest this is just ignorance in it's very purest form. Most motorcycle accidents are cause by awful driving (hence you don't see bikes flying off the road and into walls) and unfortunately for this overweight, health and safety enthusiast his fundamental reason for banning motorcycles being that 'if any car model had this many accidents it'd be banned etc' is crucially flawed as it's not faulty motorbikes that cause accidents!

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

but

it's fun to call him an idiot.

Reply to this Topic
mattyamaha

May 10

mattyamaha says:

has he ever been on a bike

its not the fact  the bike is faulty  but sometimes riders think they can handle whats underneath them   and  tap the throttle too hard and bam  he off     but the main thing is other road users that dont give a shit for motorcyclist   on the road     so  mr lardo  piss off and cry while scoffing

Reply to this Topic
banditsprint

Oct 08

banditsprint says:

ban the bike?

sounds like it's time to ban newspapers.

Reply to this Topic
GixxerFixxer

Jul 10

GixxerFixxer says:

Hahahah!

I agree with Banditsprint! Let's ban the newspapers!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I see lots of very fat people driving cars, most can't even turn the wheel let alone look behind them. Ban Blobs of LARD I say.

Reply to this Topic
Badgerbanger

Dec 10

Badgerbanger says:

Romans

Even the Romans had more of a clue than this "modern" muppet

"The desire for safety stands against every great and noble endeavour."

Tacitus.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale