Skip to content

Discuss This Campaign for Isle of Wight TT General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Campaign for Isle of Wight TT

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Campaign for Isle of Wight TT

A Facebook campaign for an Isle of Wight TT has gained over 1000 supporters in days. The page says: ‘The Isle of Wight is able to accommodate a music festival of 90,000 people, so why not start a road race? …It’s time to let the world of road racers experience a piece of the sunny south. Support is what we need!!’ At...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (24 June 2011 16:41)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

What a brilliant idea it would take some exceptional organisational skills but I suppose somebody would be up for it. Does any motorsport happen on the Isle of Wight.?

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Government.....?

It would require an act of parliament because currently the law prohibits racing on public roads in England, Wales and Scotland.

Maybe there's a slim chance, but I doubt it will ever come to anything.

Linky

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

This government is in the process of changing the law so road races can be held, not sure it'll happen, and if it did I would expect it to only allow car racing, but there is some hope. As for the isle of white, been there once, not much would ever get me back there.

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja599

Jun 10

Missing link...

A link to the Facebook page would've been a good one MCN.........

You guys all too old to realise the importance of linking articles etc or is it a matter of buying the MCN paper and then tediously typing in the link???????

Reply to this Topic
screwdup

Jun 11

screwdup says:

i.o.w t.t

A bloody good idear, BUT the roads are in such a bad way it would take a few million quid to sort them out. I know,as i  was born there  and lived there for 38 years .Its wear i passed my m/c test.

Reply to this Topic
Jonathan

Aug 02

Jonathan says:

Scooters

They used to have a hill climb event on Bembridge down when the scooter clubs had their weekend rallies.  Was good fun.

Reply to this Topic
Gizmo1967

Aug 03

Gizmo1967 says:

Facebook Only

It seems that it's a facebook only campaign & as facebook is crap & a dangerous place to be these days (my company watches it like a hawk for the slightest bit of dissent) then forget it. I'd support it yes, but by facebook, no.

Reply to this Topic
zannoti

Mar 10

zannoti says:

the cat and fiddle T T ?

what  about  a  cat  and  fiddle  T T ? ,    or  a  shap  fell  T T ,   anglsea   T T  ,    puffin  island  T T ,  my  local  link  road  T T ,      the  only  limitation  is  your  imagination ,   so  lets  dream  on..........................

Reply to this Topic
hairyMuppet

Dec 03

hairyMuppet says:

Facebook?

I thought biking was about freedom, and Facebook is as far from freedom as you can get. I guess freedom of choice means the freedom to prostitute your privacy for other people's profit (you do know that Facebook has 'on by default' facial recognition, don't you?). As for the IoW TT - never happen. I am staggered every year that the IoM TT isn't banned by the safety fascists.

Reply to this Topic
exsup

Jun 06

exsup says:

Welsh TT

What about bringing the Welsh TT back again..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices