Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Valentino Rossi falters on new Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Valentino Rossi falters on new Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Assen MotoGP: Valentino Rossi falters on new Ducati

Valentino Rossi could only qualify Ducati’s radically revamped factory MotoGP contender in a disappointing 11th position at the Assen circuit in Holland today. Riding the updated GP11.1 in dry conditions for the first time, the Italian was woefully off the fastest pace and only fourth fastest Ducati rider at the Circuit van Drenthe. Rossi’s new bike features a redesigned rear end with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (24 June 2011 22:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

RDB

As you know wet tyres are totally, totally different so different tyres = different bike - it works! It's too early for the GP11.46 to know if its good, bad or same performer.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Clueless

RDB, come clean buddy, we're all friends here! You've never ridden a motorcycle have you?

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

whemy

ola master, of course what you say is pure gold, rossi is a wanker able of doing nothing. I bet you could show him a trick or two couldn't you?

RDB46 Well, I've heard the interview and what rossi is saying is
- he can't get tyres to temperature, so it's even more difficult to understand what's not working
- he and the team don't know yet how to set up the bike
- still front end issues
- rear of the bike though it's definetely better
- overall, the greatest problem is he has not confidence in the braking zone

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

RDB46 - "I would think it would have made sense to have a GP11 and the GP11.1 here for Rossi. Wouldn't it? To test them side by side? Is that the setup they have this weekend?"

He's got 2 bikes... if they're 2 different ones & he wrecks the 11.1 he's gotta start from scratch again with the 11... then if they fix the 11.1 it's back to square one... considering they're struggling to set up 1 bike... dumb idea.

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

and

he used the soft tyres to get the time in yesterday, to compensate for the fact that could not get the harder up to temp. This is very atypical because he never/rarely uses soft but had to gain a few places in the grid. During the race though he won't be using soft (very unlikely)

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

I should have read more posts...

I do very much appreciate the replies. V informative. Its good to hear the different views and technical breakdowns from some guys who really know their stuff or who have heard it from the horses mouth. Thanks for heads up. I think there's not really enough ammo in the 'big yellow gun' to be able to argue a balance argument at the moment but it will either come or will NEVER come. Lol. What sport!!!

Unfortunately you have to say that they all have the same tyres and therfore all have the same chance at setup. Its frustrating seeing Rossi struggle on this bike that is obviously a world away from where it was even in 2010. I think if it all clicked into place it would continue that way but as it is there hasn't even been any moments where its look like a winner in the hands of Rossi. Hayden seems more comfortable but maybe he knows the 'Ducati way' a bit more and is at least used to elements of the Desmosedici.

How much is bike and how much is rider?  In fact how much is Rossi and how much the supporting teams abilities to translate his demands to something that works? Is Burgess 'over the hill'? :shock:

Looks like it will be a wet race which I don't want because I want to see the Duke come good in the dry not the wet. We'll only ever get a handful of wet races a year.

_________

Oh nearly forgot, Bob 'ButterMySausage' - Compared to a joker like you who ONLY EVER POSTS TO START A FIGHT, I make riding a bike look a hell of alot better than a useless, uneducated tosser like yourself you fat old twat!!! Have a shit day.:lol:

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Ocean&Earth

RDB, I could give you technical up the ying yang, but unfortunately it would be wasted here. Instead of spending your time updating your avatar more often than Flo gets upgrades, read the stories and try not to take the comments so seriously. Cheers buddy!

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

I will dude, I will...

The race result is a good one by the way....

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

forth

Hiya not bad but hes goals post these year has been Dovi and still cant beat him , ok first race on the new bike ,makes me wonder wats next gp11.5 ,

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

RossiDukeBiker46

' Is Burgess 'over the hill'? ' the question you should be asking is, 'is rossi over the hill' the ducati miles away from what it was even in 2010? Why is that? because stoner was able to ride it? Hmm it must be all down to the bike surely. I think it's time of the nwe lions and for old dogs to be laid to rest, Rossi has enjoyed his time with no competition but now there is a more even field of talent a true champions have arrisen, stoner being one them

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices