Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Spies takes maiden GP win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Spies takes maiden GP win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Assen MotoGP: Spies takes maiden GP win

Factory Yamaha rider Ben Spies has taken his first ever MotoGP victory in dominant fashion at the Assen circuit, winning by 7.697secs ahead of championship leader Casey Stoner. Spies led from the second corner on the first lap, after overtaking team-mate Jorge Lorenzo. The factory Yamaha team could have had both bikes on the podium, were it not for San Carlo...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 June 2011 15:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Well done Mr Spies... good ride from Stoner... improvement from Rossi & the new Duc... only 30secs of the winner is better than a minute... a shame Simo binned it taking Jorge out & gapping Spies on the 1st lap but what a ride back to 6th place by Jorge... & after all that effort & pain, battling with Rossi (he could have had him!!!) then getting let down by a dodgy tyre you've gotta feel for Cal... his time will come. Not the best of races it must be said.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Spies

What a ride, truly deserved. When Stoner tried to close the gap he responded. Lets hope he's a consistent podium finisher from here on out.

Stoner, smart ride. Tried his best to get to 1st but with Lorenzo being taken out there was no need to take that risk. Also, he pulled a 20 second gap from Dovi in about 17 laps, just excellent.

Dovi, i'd say for sure gifted the podium but he stayed consistent so good on him.

Rossi.. well when you look at the result on paper, 4th is good. When you consider he finished 30.6 seconds behind the leader, not so good. 15 seconds at Lemans, 7 seconds Catalunya, 65 seconds Silverstone (rain), and 30 seconds today in the dry.. seems like he's going backwards. Either the bike they have developed isnt great or he is underperforming.. Yet again he benefits from 2 front runners crashing. Unfortunate for Crutchlow aswell, looked like he could have stayed with him.

Simoncelli, really ? come on now just learn to take it easy till you get some heat in the tyres! that crash was a carbon copy of what happened in Estoril, except then he didn't take someone out. Im sure he'll come good, he just has a lot to learn.

Lorenzo, just thought this was worth pointing out. He closed in 7.5 seconds to Hayden in the last 3 laps, that is some going!  Unfortunate for him but im sure he'll bounce back.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
lovell2576

Jan 08

lovell2576 says:

Well

the race was pretty boring. Maybe Simo is paid to crash to liven things up!! (That was a joke BTW)

Well done to Ben, good ride, ride of the day goes to Jorge (I bet he is pissed!!) and I am going to say it, well done to Rossi as even though qualifying was shocking he did a good job considering.

Roll on Mugello and lets hope we have some good weather.

Well done Bradley, he is adapting well to the 600 now, and what is going on with Scott Redding?

Shout to Danny Kent, another promising ride. The kid is doing well.

Reply to this Topic
kentguy

Aug 07

kentguy says:

Simoncelli

Once again that thick cunt has spoilt a race

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Awesome WIN by Spies, well deserved...

Boring race as expected nowadays but Spies deserved the win. If 'Super Sic' hadn't overcooked it and took Lorenzo out he would have either won or been second. A Yamaha 1-2 on the anniversary, very nice. I actually felt sorry for Lorenzo. He did awesome to come back so well after that crash. I don't expect this crash will go without scrutiny form the Yamaha team re-opening the wounds from the Pedrosa-gate scandal I fear. Why oh why can't he just hang in for a few laps until the dust has settled then gun it?

Hopefully SPIES will be a regular conetneder now and I sincerely hope Stoner see' there could be trouble ahead. Hell, it would be great to have some comepetition.

Speaking of competition and 'GIFTS. Lorenzo falling, or rather being taken down has benefitted our 'Championship leader' as if the lack of competition wasn't already an issue. Hopefully the Yamahas are gonna come good and we'll have some racing.:shock:

Rossi did good on the GP11.1. 4th aint bad. Gap to front, not an issue really as its now not the Honda so not a direct comparison and not the GP11 so again not a comparison. Yeah, he aint gonna challenge for wins but they're working on it. If anyone dare say he was gifted 4th Stoner was gifted his position too so 'same old, same old'. Gifts all round today then. :wink:

Anyway the day belongs to Spies not Moaner or Rossi.

SO WELL DONE SPIES, RESPECT. KEEP IT UP:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Kentguy - "Once again that thick cut has spoilt a race"

Bloody Warburtons!!!

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Rossi 30 seconds behind his old bike, not very good, although he is on a new bike again and it will need to be developed more.

Edwards comments in the BBC interview were straight to the point. Made me laugh.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Now RDB

as much as i know you have all day to 'argue' on a motorcycle forum. i'll keep it short and simple because its clear you are the biggest child on this site.. dude. lol

Of course Rossi was gifted 4th, like he was gifted 6th at Silverstone, like he was gifted 3rd at Lemans etc..

So Lorenzo got taken out.. its hardly a gift to Stoner. In fact i beleive Stoner got taken out earlier in the season by some donut so it kinda makes up for it. Sillverstone was Lorenzo's own fault, so thats down to him.

'Gap to the front, not an issue really' .. well unless Rossi is aiming for 4th place finishes all season, it is an issue.

Its not even the fact that Rossi was gifted that position today, its just that its been that way all season, he's finished evrery race yet is still 55 points behind 1st.

WELL DONE SPIES. and i honestly cant be fucked and dont have the time to drag out a childish argument lasting hours. So if your going to reply, make it about the racing.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Must say

Im really looking forward to Mugello, and Pedrosa returning. I have a feeling there wont be many crashes as its not a tight track and fairly open with plenty of passing places.

Here's to hoping everyone stays on, and that there is a good race. Roll on Mugello

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Hats off to Ben Spies what a brilliant ride and it needed it, was the only interesting thing on track watching a new guy at the very top of his game. Magic.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle