Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Spies takes maiden GP win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Spies takes maiden GP win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Assen MotoGP: Spies takes maiden GP win

Factory Yamaha rider Ben Spies has taken his first ever MotoGP victory in dominant fashion at the Assen circuit, winning by 7.697secs ahead of championship leader Casey Stoner. Spies led from the second corner on the first lap, after overtaking team-mate Jorge Lorenzo. The factory Yamaha team could have had both bikes on the podium, were it not for San Carlo...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 June 2011 15:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

Ben Spies

Good solid ride ride from Ben, when Casey upped the pace Ben responded, great stuff, by the way that Yamaha looked beautiful they should have had that livery for the full season and celebrate 50 years in style.

Reply to this Topic
motogprulez

Jun 08

motogprulez says:

yamaha3358

why have u put ur photo as rossi if u hate him so much? and why do you follow motogp/these posts just to slag off rossi or others? enjoy the sport for the rider u support not the one you hate, it's people like you that get us stoner supporters a bad name. You keep on saying ur not sad enough to argue with other posters like rdb, but ur the one who started the bloody argument, do urself a favour and get over ur hate for rossi and your love for naively arguing 

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

it's a sad state of affairs that the wsbks are going around as quick as the gp boys but I suspect it is all about the tyres. Something needs to be done about them quickly, fair play to bs for offering to do so, Supersic if it was you(rumour) that put the kybosh on the better tyres then even as a big fan I ain't a lot of sympathy. Lets hope this isn't a one off.. Dorna the spec tyre has been shyte it has stiffled development and ingenuity and hasn't done a lot for rider safety either.. Again great ride Ben Spies can't express how good it was to see it. Rossi and JB finding a second a lap in 20 mins of wet warm up?? not bad for hour 3.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Ben Spies

Whats to be said about that ride? Perfect? nearly . Class ride .

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Good to see Spies get his first win but this race will also be remembered for being ever so dull.

Reply to this Topic
jackjones

Apr 11

jackjones says:

does anybody proof read?

Liam Marsden. I am sorry but could you get someone to check your articles before you post them. " The Honda rider got passed Lorenzo cleanly"  and   " Repsol Honda rider's completed the podium "  You get paid to write, so it would be nice if at least the use of English was correct.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Hi all. Just signed up.

Simo's poor show again (really hope it all comes good for him soon..........Mugello maybe?) and Spies fantastic ride kinda sums up todays race. Shame for Cal as he was looking at some good points for a time.

Reply to this Topic
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

yam 3358

I come on this site to read about racing and the views on it. What do i get? yam3358. Are you 12 years old or do you just love an argument? As for everyone who disagrees with you being gay, what does there sexuality have to do with motorcycles? And no I'm not gay, happily married with 2 beautiful daughters thanks, but if i was, so what? Love the bit you put in one of your posts    "and i honestly cant be fucked and don't have the time to drag out a childish argument lasting hours. So if your going to reply, make it about the racing" So please go away and do like you say, i think everyone on here is sick of you and you child like ways.   

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

2 Beautiful daughters ?

I'd love to meet em :)

I'm honestly not bothered. This is an internet forum so if im getting slack on here its hardly going to affect my outlook on life. I think its funny though, how RDB comes up with stuff like 'i always win the arguments' yet because he's a Rossi fan he wont get called childish and retarded.

The reason for my picture motogprulez, is because Rossi looks so damn happy.

Nice post milkybars, shame your a Rossi fan though, otherwise you'd get people calling you childish.

1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, taken out. Impressive.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Well done Spies

Had an ongoing debate on this forum not so long ago with someone convinced Spies couldn't win a MotoGP race?? 

Wild hair and zero MotoGP podium racer is an idiot and certainly undeserving of  a factory Honda next year. Why over do it on the first lap, again, when you have the pace to carve a result over race distance. Glad Lorenzo was uninjured and able to salvage some points. As I've said before, if MotoGP had bulging grids, then Dorna would have Simoncelli would be on a suspension, or rather another one.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices