Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Spies takes maiden GP win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Spies takes maiden GP win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Assen MotoGP: Spies takes maiden GP win

Factory Yamaha rider Ben Spies has taken his first ever MotoGP victory in dominant fashion at the Assen circuit, winning by 7.697secs ahead of championship leader Casey Stoner. Spies led from the second corner on the first lap, after overtaking team-mate Jorge Lorenzo. The factory Yamaha team could have had both bikes on the podium, were it not for San Carlo...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 June 2011 15:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Brilliant...

Fantastic ride from Ben. He was the MAN today!!!

I really feel sorry for Super Sic. I think Vale must have put the hex on him like he did on Gibernau a few years ago.

Vale really didn't do to bad for his first ride on that frame. It's just a matter of time before he is at the pointy end.

How about Cal !!! What a performance from an injured warrior. Very impressive. Too bad his tire disintegrated on him.

Go Spies!

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Honestly

I didn't think Spies would win a GP this year , not through any jingoistic mind set , I just didnt think he had that Alien beating skill . Now I,ve been shown to be wrong , and how? . Cal was fast until whatever happened , happened .Simoncelli oh dear more bad luck , I reckon it was a racing incident though ,wonder how much a knock that will give his confidence?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I am just back from Assen, and i was so hoping to see Marco take his first podium at a race when i was actualy there. After seeing the revieuw on TV, i am glad that Marco didn,t really take J-Lo out. He passed Jorge and then opened the throttle to much out of the corner. J-Lo had nowhere to go. Having said this, Supersic has gotta learn you can't win a race in the first 10 laps! But on topic hats of to Spies, what a ride. Finaly a Superbike rider takes it to the Aliens, Cal was doing well before going into the pit straight as well. I have been to many races, but i have never seen sutch a smooth riding style as Marc Marquez. Vinalez as well in 125? They open up cans of talented riders in Spain. Congrats to Elbowz 11. You'r favorite rider beat mine for his first Moto GP win. The race was boring as hell though. It's because of traction control, SBK has more and more of it and that is getting pretty bad as well.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Well done Mr Spies

A good solid text book ride,it took me back to 88 at donington when a certain Wayne Rainey won his first blue riband gp on a lovely red and white yamaha,he went on as we know to great things,I see this man taking a few more races like this,He has learned and progressed well,Simoncelli while I admit the pass was clean enough he just does seem not to learn or be able to settle into a race .I know he is keen to win but its not as if he isn't an experienced rider is it, ? love him or loathe him the bloke has single handedly torn the championship apart for a couple of aliens,when there are only seventeen bikes on the grid this one man incident is a nightmare

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

4th,no one saw that coming....

trust me, i've check the log files.....

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

4th

I thought he'd come home 6th - put the Spanish Onion and the Hair Bear back into the picture, and that's where he'd be - 6th. Wot do they say about the Doc? LUCKY!!!

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Calmness

The excitement ended when Simo crashed and took out Lorenzo. Such a shame really. Good recovery though by Lorenzo. But you can also say how weak the MotoGP field is. He was picking them one by one with ease. Feel sorry for the satellite teams. They need more factory support. Right now MotoGP is very much Honda vs Yamaha. Suzuki is crap, No Kawasaki, No Aprilia, No KTM. MOTOGP IS A JOKE. Lorenzo could of also pass Hayden. Just needed half a lap. Any case, a great win for Ben Spies. But the MotoGP category lacks the bikes on the grid, as well as the riders who can devlop the bike. RDP. What can I say... People talk about Ellias losing the ride, but RDP is the Worst so far this year. and Maybe Loris needs to stay home. Just give the young guys who are hungry to fight a chance. He has 18 year career so far, and .... just time to move on...

Reply to this Topic
Mitchyman

Oct 10

Mitchyman says:

Yamaha's 50th

The M1 looked lovely!!! I love the jackets that the factory Yamaha crew were wearing. Any idea where you can get those 50th jackets in the iconic white and red... Cant find them anywhere on the net...      :(

Reply to this Topic
ginganz13

Nov 09

ginganz13 says:

BOoooring

Thank god for the Fast Forward button and Moto2 - god it's boring to watch.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Furusawa-Double Agent!

Wow that GP11.1 is some advancement! Hahaha...

Even Crutchlow had his measure and was just following hoping to pick up some tips! By the the time Cal had realised there was nothing to see except an overhyped Hollywood flop, Furusawa operated his secret remote control and deflated his front hoop!

George had the pace to beat Spies yesterday, damn shame the weather in springtime europe is worse than Philip Island has been forever, and they want it changed! Bunch of fkn softc****s! This 'racing incident' crap is the biggest load of balls I've been hearing lately too! Ban the clown, he's a fkn joke.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle