Skip to content

Products How to inflate your tyres Tyres

You are in... Forums > Products > Tyres > How to inflate your tyres

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

How to inflate your tyres

Q. I have only had one issue with my Bandit GSF650, and that is pumping the tyres up to correct level. Petrol stations compressors have that long steel nozzle, which is OK for cars, but the angle to fit over the valve is impossible as the discs are in the way. So I purchased a cheap foot pump and separate...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 June 2011 12:01)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RambRho

Oct 12

RambRho says:

Tyre Inflation for newbs

Came back from the filling station on my new bike and with all the questions answered in this post. Who would guess how 30 years of motoring would fail to prepare me or that visit! Discs and chains and what-not in the way. Repeated pumping and checking - only to find the 250/290kPa drops to a highly variable 230/270 with each repeat check. Doesn't matter how crisply I snap the pump connector off the valve. So your advise addresses all this but not the matter of the pressure drop when removing the pump connector. In the morning I'll get the pump, gauge and 90 degree connector - 90 degree valve must wait 15,000km till I change my Metzler Z6's for something exciting. How much does one lose in pressure in the process of using the gauge to test the tyre pressure?

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

I use rubber valve extensions that screw onto your valves. obviously only use them when pumping up tyres and keep it under your pillion seat. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices