Skip to content

Discuss This Columnist’s second call for motorcycle ban General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Columnist’s second call for motorcycle ban

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Columnist’s second call for motorcycle ban

A newspaper columnist has written his second article calling for motorcycles to be banned. Hugh Curran appears to relish having angered motorcyclists with the first column, which said they should be banned on safety grounds. His follow-up says: ‘Motorcyclists were unconvinced and angry. They were angry across the United States, Canada, Ireland, England and Australia.’ The motoring columnist for US daily newspaper Sun...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 June 2011 12:01)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

He's the type of person I don't argue with. He would drag me down to his level and beat me with stupdiity.

Reply to this Topic
gavinstorrie

Apr 11

gavinstorrie says:

Morons get space

Unfortunately talking anuses are still afforded space in the media. But all they do is smell unpleasant and should be ignored.

Reply to this Topic
lewi103

Feb 11

lewi103 says:

Can we ban him?

Excellent article, surely only going to demoralize (spelt incorrectly for the fat c*nt over the water) him further. Yes he does have the freedom to say whatever he wants, but likewise we are allowed to do whatever we want (within reason..). We ride bikes everyday knowing that there is an increased risk, but do so on our own judgement, the vast majority of the time any injuries are solely those of the rider/pillions and NOT of other persons. This is something we must admit as riders is going to happen if we have an accident, the risk of injury is high! But IT IS OUR CHOICE, not like car drivers who take out us motorcyclists, children, and other people on the roads on a daily basis killing them too, the chances are that when on a bike your unlikely to injure other people, or at least far less so that in a 2 tonne car - that's 1.5 tonnes for the car and 0.5 for him, give or take a bit of christmas weight....rant over.

Reply to this Topic
ferret850

Apr 06

ferret850 says:

Tokie

Sorry to be pedantic Tokie, but a frog is an amphibian, not a reptile, & by the way alligator is very nice, don't know about crocodile though.

Reply to this Topic
colliedog

Jul 10

colliedog says:

@lewi103: Can we ban him?

Unfortunately, since he seems incapable of doing his job of reporting the news rather than inventing it, it's left to other drivers and bikers to balance his inane opinions.

@MCN: Do us a favour please and pull the link to the parish rag's "story".  Please don't give this clown the opportunity to credit himself with the sudden increase in hits on its website.

Presumably this particular "US daily newspaper" has already outlived its ideal purpose - lining the bottom of a birdcage.

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

I think most folks on here are aware that you ignore idiots , fools , Yanks etc.  Let them rant at the other side of the pond . I mean it"s hardly shangri-la in most parts of America , let the miserable dummy sort out their problems before picking on us - nice , law biding , lovely , generous bikers  !.  O.K.

Reply to this Topic
scotsmaninusa

Apr 10

here you go again MCN

calling it a US daily newspaper,making it sound nationwide.it's a shitty rag that is only sold in south florida where lots of fat yanks retire,of course they'd love to ban motorcycles,that's his audence.stop giving him the time of day.It's still funny though that he doesn't want to ban tobacco,alcohol.McDonalds or guns that kill much more fat yanks every year than motorcycles ever did.:blink::lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ivanvr

Jul 09

ivanvr says:

Global Green ???

Curran is a fat consumer destroying the planet - What an idiot .  Statistic say cars are more dangerous than motorcycles -  Toyota Prius  uses 3 times more resources than a normal car ?  A normal car uses 5 time more resources than a motorcycle ?   People brag about riding around in a Prius because they are "saving" the planet ?   The least consumer of planets resources are motorcyclists they just do not brag about it ! 

How can Curran hold a job a a columnist ? When is cannot get his fact straight and is clearly promoting " If we do not kill the resources of the planet fast enough - I will try at least eat as much as I can ! "

DOH

Reply to this Topic
shrewsred

Dec 10

shrewsred says:

Unfortunately he has a very valid point regarding the MCN response. There was an ideal opportunity to respond reasonably with valid evidence to any point he made and yet all he has seen in response is half witted name calling.

Frankly, he must be having a hearty chuckle at the limited intellect demonstrated by the biking community that can only assist any argument he makes.

Don't get me wrong, in private I am saying exactly the same things as all the comments below. Plenty of expletives and personal insults directed at this reporter but publicly that can only go against us.

MCN, get your act together and give a reasoned response to this reporter. Don't fuel his arguments with half a response. Get Ash on the case. He's not always right but at least he makes a good job of presenting a sound argument.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Don't Play His Game

Mr Curran is tying to provoke a reaction to get himself noticed and we are helping him. People like Hugh Curran are best ignored.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices