You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > 955i woes

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

StewyBill

Jun 11

StewyBill says:

955i woes

Hello to all,,please reply if you can,,i,m at my wits end now,,i bought a 1999 Daytona last month,and since then its been with the dealer,all revovles around a "rumble"at low revs in all gears,its ace above 3k but awful sounding otherwise,the dealers have replaced the chain and various other bits,and say there is a fault,but they cant trace it,now the engine is off,,and they still have no real idea,,,looks like my Triumph days may be over,,,thing is,,i want the bike back in good working order,,,,your thought please ??:huh:
Thankyou
bill stewardson

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 June 2011 12:58)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

trumpet

Welcome with bad news,surely you should have a courtesy bike if your not going to reject the bike and money given back or do a deal on another bike.I`m assuming you bought the bike of the dealer:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

What kind of rumble?? and can u tell vaguely where it is coming from?? does it do it in neutral???

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

neutral

Good shout rob,i was thinking of the noise with clutch in but the engine is out.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Triumph Daytona 955i 1999

Hi StewyBill and welcome to the site

Did you purchase it private or from a dealer?if from a dealer the bike may not be fit for purpose,but if private you could be up sh!t creek.Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

cheers Jaffa lol.. i am thinkin output shaft maybe???  why change the chain for a rumble?? was it knackered?? if so it could have crushed the output shaft bearings??

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

955i

You obviously like the bike so its a shame that the dealer cannot resolve this problem.  In my opinion it's time to walk away and reject the bike under the Sale of Goods Act.  Take heart from the fact that its not the only 955 out there and I am sure you will find another.   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
StewyBill

Jun 11

StewyBill says:

955i woes

Heyyaz and thanks for the replies,,,,now then,the rumble is in all gears,and it was thought maybe an overtight chain had stressed the output bearing,,now ruled out-a spring in the clutch assembly had broken,been replaced-no difference,so they removed the motor and found some bearings which had cracked-now being replaced,,,if that dont work i,m not sure what to do,,,,the dealer has tried every logical avenue and not been able to pin point anything,puzzles me that its only at 3k or below,,,it has been stated that if the motor was removed in the past and then the mounting bolts tightened in the wrong order it may contribute,,,i will keep you all posted:mad:
meanwhile i,m trolling round on a Kwak 750 courtesy bike.
shine on

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices