Skip to content

Discuss This Honda progress exposed Ducati weakness, says Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda progress exposed Ducati weakness, says Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda progress exposed Ducati weakness, says Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi reckons the performance improvements made by Honda in 2011 worsened the extent of the problems experienced by Ducati this season. Rossi has struggled to make any significant progress with Ducati’s GP11 machine and in a bid to improve his results, the Bologna factory rolled out a brand new bike called the GP11.1 for last weekend’s Assen round in Holland. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 June 2011 09:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

ANOTHER ABSOLUTE GOOSE …

In Lovell2576 we see yet another “reality denier”. This goose directly implies that it is all Casey Stoner’s fault that Rossi is struggling to get results on the Ducati. Hello – Earth to lovell – Rossi isn’t the first by a long shot to find himself lost in space on the Desmo. In 2007 when Stoner won the Title in his first go on the bike - it was Loris Capirossi, just a multiple World Champion and a 5 year long-term Ducati rider who had Won three 990cc GPs the year before. Loris finished 201 points behind Stoner. In 2008 it was Marco Melandri, just ANOTHER ex-World Champion. He finished 231 points behind Stoner who was 2nd that year. And then in 2009 we saw Nicky Hayden also paddling down Struggle Street with the Desmo. Stoner totally missed or DNS in 4 Rounds but still scored 116 points more than Hayden. And in 2010 where the GP10 dumped him on his ear 5 times for no points – Stoner STILL beat Hayden by 67 Points. In case you forgot, lovell – Hayden was the 2006 World Moto GP Champion. There is a clear, strong message there, don’t you think?

Don’t believe me, let’s just reiterate exactly what Rossi said above – just in case you missed it or didn’t understand: "This bike is very difficult to ride and Stoner rode this bike in a very good way, also because he was five years with the same bike. (He wasn't - it was 4 years) For all the riders that come from a more normal bike, it is quite difficult and I think mainly that bike has arrived at the end of its development.” The historical facts, confirmed in numerous stories and interviews is that Ducati refused Stoner’s constant requests for development, parts and updates. As he clearly states on another thread on another site today: (thanks to bikesportnews.com) "I said at the beginning of the season that if they took Valentino on, they would for sure put more money into the programme and show up with more developments. Obviously, they had the budget to bring something new and if you have this possibility, then you have to do it.
"They changed some things from last year. For me in 2007-09 we changed more or less nothing and in 2009-10 we changed the chassis and that's about it apart from the big bang engine, it was small steps every year and that's all they had the time for.” Shutting down their WSBK Team meant Ducati had even MORE resources to pour behind getting Rossi up the order. You, Sir are a fantasist and dreamer to claim Stoner hampered Ducati in any way. He was the ONLY positive in their entire firmament for 4 years!

HRC hired Casey Stoner to WIN them a World Championship. As a side-benefit this move has put a rocket up the flues of both Dovizioso and Pedrosa, who had started to really perform (for a welcome change) in 2010. Dovi only retained his ride on a “contract technicality” this season and Pedrosa, great rider that he can be when the bike is 100% and he is in the mood, has only retained his seat of 6 long years (to date) without a Title and only 12 Wins from 88 Races by virtue of Repsol and their enormous sponsorship input. For a full Factory HRC rider – that’s a piss-poor set of stats. As I have stated before, if Casey Stoner discovered a cure for cancer, people like lovell2576 would deny the success and benefit to mankind and claim that Stoner stole it from one of Rossi’s sock drawers. So many terminally confused wankers – so little time to correct them … Cheers

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

IV HEARD IT ALL NOW!!!

jesus just ride the damn thing, must hurt tho getting beat by cs on the same bike then still getting beat on another, he still would have on the yamaha too, times have changed and so have riders.get the the 1000's back and hopefully we can see the old rossi back, hearing him talk to bbc about f1 and world superbikes was a shocker!!!!!! boo ho, thers always pizza's to be delivered. meh, go cal. faster on a non factory bike the rossi.well done.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Baloney "a queer r us"

From GPone

" So it was love at first sight with the GP12, which led Ducati Technical Director Filippo Preziosi to present Rossi with this pleasant surprise. “I didn't know anything about it until we concluded the most recent Mugello test - Rossi recalled - It was then that Preziosi proposed the idea of putting the 800cc engine in the GP12 chassis, and I was immediately in agreement."

Perhaps this was a decision made more with the heart than the head: "we made a risky choice, but it was necessary because otherwise we couldn't have closed the gap to our competitors.  Plus, the GP11 was a bike at the end of its development path, it couldn't improve further." To which Valentino added a fairly direct accusation against Casey Stoner, saying that the GP11 "was made by someone else, and developed along the wrong path."

A new Chapter.....The pig was roasted and thrown out after being tried since 2010 Valencia. It's time for Rossi bike. One that will have a good base, that all can instantly ride. It is 1 race old.

http://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/201106224083/Vale-the-new-Ducati-is-my-bike.html

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugelean - "Hedgehog, i read your posts with interest but I'm baffled by your comments that the honda isn't way ahead" 

...erm, Honda are way ahead, Stoner's out in front & has the most points!... what I'm saying is the bike hasn't made any massive improvement over those made by Yamaha.

"There have been 4 hondas in the top six nearly all year"

... & please, 10 points if you can tell me in which race this year there were 4 Hondas in the top 6... if you're going to quote made up stat's I'm going to ignore your posts... ok, maybe you should have worded that differently, but there are 6 Hondas on the grid to 4 Yamaha's, & 3 of those Hondas are Repsol with Simo on also on a factory bike. Honda are up there because they have blitzed the grid with a competitive bike... but a Yamaha is still in 2nd place & there are few would say Lorenzo wouldn't be leading if Stoner had stayed as Rossi's team mate this year on the Duc.

Reply to this Topic
Desmosedici46

Nov 10

Mikybars are on me...again

I like your posts dude. I can never work out if your a Rossi fan or not but it seems so or at least you put forward the facts in a 'poetic way' as to what’s going off in Ducati.

I've realised now that all the Stoner fans really do just come on here to say what the media will never do - and that’s give Stoner 'great respect'. The press and TV kind of 'butter' over his achievements by just saying he's fast. That’s probably because after being 'just fast' he might as well be locked in a box between races because he attracts the wrong attention off track and just turns back into a very un-inspirational child who earns far too much money and acts like a multi world Champ before he is.
Damn, I'm glad not as 'blinkered' as some by stating the Honda hasn't made the most improvements. This is yet another attempt at Stoners fans to 'big him up' beyond where he should be. It was a very claculated decision by Suppo to infiltrate Honda and ensure the bike developed enough for Stoner to launch a title assault on. Meanwhile Ducati were left with no direction from a rider who was intent on leaving at the earliest part of the 2010 season.

So Honda gets 'insider info' and a massive boost for 2011 Ducati get misinformed by the only rider that can rider the bike. I'm joking of course. Nothing even clo

se to this has happened. Honda were actually the worst performing bike and it’s only through the introduction of Stoner that they have even got their first win. AND THAT’S FACT. Lol. ALSO FACT is that Ducati easily had the best bike that won EVERY RACE in 2010 and should have won every race this year if it weren't for an underperforming Valentino Flossi. LMAO. F A C T S eh?

I'm sorry I haven't had my tablets yet. I couldn't find them on the yellow table while wearing my yellow tinted glasses!!! Fuck it, I'm off to Mugello to streak across the track in a Ducati cap.

Reply to this Topic
Desmosedici46

Nov 10

Oh and another thing...

Rossi should ditch that STUPID FRIGGIN MOHAWK because it looks like a 'Brazilian'.

Caio

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Desmo

I agree with you on 2 things

1) Yes you should go take your tablets - then re-read your comments and try and make some sense from them

2) Rossi's haircut - how you can call Stoner childish when a 32 year old continues to turn up with attention-seeking teen-age haircuts like that is laughable.

Ducati are in a mess at the moment for no other reason than designing a bike that is difficult to ride and having no-one that can ride it fast enough. Either the riders have to get their fingers out or the designers need to redesign it.

Reply to this Topic
Desmosedici46

Nov 10

I've taken them...

I think you hit the nail on the head. Ducati need to revise what they have developed, hence the GP11.1 and Rossi needs to understand how to ride it better, hopefully the 4th on 'newly designed' kit is the start of that relationsip to grow. Its all maths...

"Math. Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology". - Peter Griffin, Family Guy.

As a frustrated Rossi/Ducati I need something to start working or it will take me ages to remove all the stickers and burn the t-shirts!!!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Rossi's only got that haircut in order to see how many muppets turn up at the next race with the same mullet... did you see 'em at Assen... priceless!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

results?

the haircut change is the only change this season will follow because it aint his rear end when he is leading is it. casey did the best job on a not so good bike!!!! he rode it harder simple.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices