Skip to content

Discuss This Brammo starts European production New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Brammo starts European production

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

Brammo starts European production

Electric motorcycle manufacturer Brammo has started production in Hungary, expanding its business into Europe for the first time. Production is taking place at the Flextronics facility in Sarvar and will include both the Enertia and Enertia Plus models. Brammo claims that the newly adapted production line will be capable of manufacturing 660 bikes per month. Supplying North American, European and Asian markets,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 June 2011 10:14)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ExFlyer

Oct 03

ExFlyer says:

US$8000 for a bike with a range of 42 miles if you're lucky.

Not a hope.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

@ExFlyer you think that but there a whole lot of hand wringing London commuters that will jump on this wagon and wont care about $8000

I suspect there is the same market for these in all large cities across Europe.

The people who buy these bikes are not the people that would be buying MCN but there are plenty of them out there.

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

AC/DC

No matter what your views on electric transport, there is no escaping the fact that this IS what we will be riding in the near future whether you like it or not. We are currently in the twilight of fossil fuel and the advances in electric power as demonstrated at this years TT have made leaps and bounds in a relatively short space of time. I don't relish the prospect of an engine with little or no noise, but then again, if I can choose for it to sound like a Ducati one day and an R1 the next, pay 40p to charge it overnight and not be belching CO2 out the back, then I think we should applaud this companies efforts. Lets enjoy our fossil burners while we can, but lets be realistic and embrace what is to be.

Reply to this Topic
Robell

Aug 02

Robell says:

Wether electric is the answer is still debatable, but it's good to see alternatives to I.C. engines becoming available.

But, at that price and with that range, I won't be buying one.

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

Robell

True about the electric debate and the price, but this is a start of an interesting and exciting development in two wheeled transportation.

Reply to this Topic
mogulthrash

Dec 10

mogulthrash says:

sperm bank

The early investors in these are taking quite a risk - they must be expecting some serious bad news for petrol heads such that we'll become leccy heads. Whirr whirr whirr.

Reply to this Topic
mogulthrash

Dec 10

mogulthrash says:

sexist company

Just looked at the Brammo website. Look, I like to look at half naked women as much as the next hetro-bloke but there's a time and a place. The Brammo mob have a video of partially clad women strutting around - no men, just women. For fucks sake Brammo, get your marketing right. Help, I've gone all politically correct - better go down the pub and sit at one end of the bar shouting out rude words.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

These Electric Vehicles have an awfull long way to go yet before they will be anywhere near good enough to replace IC engined Vehicles. And whats also a major problem is how the Government would make up the incredible loss of income from taxes raised on Fossil fuels. Believe me they Know this.

Reply to this Topic
mogulthrash

Dec 10

mogulthrash says:

tax breaks

Yep. Also leccy cars get a tax break in the UK, leccy bikes dont. Once this is addressed, the UK becomes attractive as an investment. With a ready leccy infrastructure, tax-type income can be sought directly from the producers of the leccy by forcing them to invest into these types of technologies or pay more tax. Pub time.

Reply to this Topic
ExFlyer

Oct 03

ExFlyer says:

ChrisWren wrote:

"@ExFlyer you think that but there a whole lot of hand wringing London commuters that will jump on this wagon and wont care about $8000

I suspect there is the same market for these in all large cities across Europe.

The people who buy these bikes are not the people that would be buying MCN but there are plenty of them out there"

You may be right, but I'll believe it when I see it. I was in London last week and I don't recall seeing any electric vehicles then.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices