Skip to content

Discuss This Loris Capirossi to miss home race MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Loris Capirossi to miss home race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Loris Capirossi to miss home race

Loris Capirossi has been forced to withdraw from his home race in Mugello this weekend. The Italian veteran broke two ribs and dislocated his right shoulder in Assen last weekend but it was initially thought he would be declared fit to compete on home soil this weekend. But one of the broken ribs was so badly damaged that he risked serious injury...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 June 2011 14:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

A real shame..

As it might be his last chance to race at Mugello... I hope for his sake he does retire at the end of this season as he just can't cut it at this level anymore and he is only going to badly damage himself trying to keep up with all the young guns! Let some new talent in that is what i say!

Anyway, get well soon!

Reply to this Topic
Tocket

Feb 09

Tocket says:

WSB

Yet another Motogp rider who can't do it anymore.... WSB is calling for a season or two.

Reply to this Topic
SLIGHTLYMAD

Dec 05

SLIGHTLYMAD says:

wsb?

doubt he could cut it in WSB anymore, he's over the hill!

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Capirossi in WSB.

He would get eaten alive if he went to race there.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

I think he will be out at the end of the year.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Capirex in WSB

@ Elbowz11. I highly doubt that. Look at Carlos Checa. He was pretty much filling up the grid in his MotoGP days. He also got all the factory rides in MotoGP. I rate Loris much much higher than Carlos. Reckon first season he would be in top 5. But I think if he retires, he will just retire from all motosport. He may come out with a Moto2 team if he decides to call it a day.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Hahaaahaaa

Capirossi couldn't cut it in World Wobbly Bikes??? He wouldn't want to according to his argument with Marco Melandri over the winter when Marco left GP. WSB is popular here because there are so many Brits getting an opportunity there but alas sadly for them the "old washed up has been and barely could" GP riders make the proddie bike riders look seriously second class. Loris has never got on with the gyro bikes just like Senna never got on with remote controlled F1 cars. He is fitter than 99% of 20 year olds, faster than almost every bike rider on the planet, and tougher than virtually any athlete alive. I suggest you doubters look a bit deeper into little Loris's pedigree. He has beaten the likes of Doohan, Rossi, and Biaggi head to head on man eating 500's and made Bayliss look a lesser rider on 990 Ducati's. Rated most likely to be a 990 Champ until Gibernau seriously injured Loris and Melandri in a crash that made Simoncelli look like an angel at Lemans. Capirossi looks at WSB as pond life and that is his prerogative. Sadly Suzuki and Pramac were from my warm comfortable chair a ride to nowhere but Loris has achieved a career, Rea, Crutchlow, Haslam, Sykes, and even Foggy himself could only dream of. Capirex has been the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (end of career) but he has made the last 20 years of GP's a damn bit more spirited and colourful than most. Get well soon Loris and get out in one piece.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

He is plenty fast enough to cut it in WSB if he wanted to

In MotoGP though he has nowhere to go and I wonder how he finds the motivation to trail around at the back on an uncompetitive satellite Ducati when the full factory bike pretty well finished him off in 2007.

A real shame the way his career is fizzling out as he could have been champion in 2006 on the 990 and he was usually pretty entertaining to watch on that.

But what is left to prove, he's never going to win it now, not even likely to win another race as he won't have the bike, so it would be surprising to see him in MotoGP again next year.

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

So another rider out & the team arn't bothering to replace him.Moto gp has turned into a joke,why are people paying money to see the prosesion that it has become.After the first couple of laps the field is so strung out it's the perfect cure for narcolepsy.The class is dying & i can't see any wayout of the current demise.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

well said

WWB and Bultoboy.
Capirossi is a true legend and has given us many years of entertainment and excitement over the years.
He was and still is a tough cookee and still a bloody fast rider now.
Any rider that has raced at that level is seriously talented whether at the start or end of their career.
Even years later they tend to jump on a bike and still go very fast!
Hope he is back on track soon.
Oh yes Moaner...just cant get used to you being called Moaner!!! Glad your back though!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices