Skip to content

Discuss This New Triumph Trophy 1200 tourer spied again New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Triumph Trophy 1200 tourer spied again

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

New Triumph Trophy 1200 tourer spied again

Triumph's all-new 1200cc three-cylinder tourer has been spotted undergoing final endurance testing on the road in Spain just months ahead of its launch. This spy picture – which is shown in full in this week's MCN – shows just how closely the new Trophy 1200 resembles the big-selling BMW R1200RT and the venerable Honda Pan European. Insiders suggest the all-new 1200cc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (30 June 2011 10:00)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Doesn't look like it's changed much in the last 8 months when it was photographed extensively (again in Spain)... they're certainly putting through it's paces ready for production.

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

New Triumph

Good luck to them. I was hugely impressed with their Tiger 800's. Incredible. If they pull this off, they're laughing.

On another note, Honda have been playing their cards close ot their chest with the pan european replacement that is coming, it's just when (?). Have Honda misseds the boat (again). Lot of rumours about the new Honda being released this autumn, we'll see.

Looking forward to seeing this new Triumph, will be a huge step forward if they get it 110% on the money with the spec.

Reply to this Topic
bullpizzle

Nov 09

bullpizzle says:

Notice how much it resembles BMW R1200RT? What with Triumph's 800 Tiger ripping off BMW F800GS, I bet BMW are either having a laffing fit or paying 1000eu a minute shouting at its lawyers to get off their asses and earn their money. Is imitation really the sincerest form of flattery? Methinks Triumph could be scoring an own goal with this one by saying they can't design anything new on its drawing boards.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Only firing on three? not a good sign !

Reply to this Topic
TLom

Jun 11

TLom says:

bullpizzle

What a ridiculous comment by bullpizzle; should all the Japanese manufacturers be suing BMW for the brilliant BMW S1000rRR and should Triumph Sue MV Augusta for building the gorgeous 675 3 cylinder F3?? How about the Kawasaki W650, another Triumph “copy”. 

Reply to this Topic
tableab

Jul 11

tableab says:

http;//www.betterwholesaler.us

The website whol esale for many kinds of fas hion sho es, like the nik e,jord an,pr ada, the jea ns,shirts,bags,hat and decorations. All the products are free ship ping, and the the price is com petitive, and also can accept the pay pal pay ment. ,after the paym ent, can ship within short time.

Reply to this Topic
seniorspanner

Jan 09

Poor Service

Whatever it may or may not look like, be aware of Triumph's dire after-sales and parts availabilty once your warranty runs out. I've had four Hinckley Triumphs and they've had enough chances!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

seniorspanner!

Sounds more like you have a crap dealer. I use Phillp Youles at Blackburn and anything I have ordered always arrives within 3 or 4 days, never a problem. Also, why would parts availability change when your warranty runs out? Surely the ordering method is the same all the time!

Reply to this Topic
sprintst3000

Sep 04

sprintst3000 says:

Never had any issues, normally 2 to 3 working days MAX.... unlike the aprillia .... 3 to 4 months MIN

Reply to this Topic
mickyg10

Jul 11

mickyg10 says:

spied triumph trophy 2012

can anyone tell me has the new triumph trophy dropped off the planet? MCM reported on it now all is quiet

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices