Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso calls for electronics reduction MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso calls for electronics reduction

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso calls for electronics reduction

Andrea Dovizioso believes the only way to improve the spectacle in MotoGP is to slash the influence of electronic rider aids. The Italian is the latest high profile rider to call for a reduction in electronic systems like traction control after the start of the 2011 MotoGP world championship was dominated by dull races. There has been hardly any overtaking at the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (30 June 2011 10:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
brianhevans

Nov 05

brianhevans says:

Best bike?

Keep in mind Vale developed the Yamaha into the best-handling bike.  It WAS NOT the best bike when he first moved to Yamaha from Honda.  Not only is Vale the GOAT as a racer he is also the best at communicating to the engineers what needs to be changed to make the bike better....that's how he ended up with the best bike.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Brianhevans

Who cares

This is about turning off the electronic aids, not Rossi or anyone else

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

The tyres played a major part in 07 and 08, the downfall of michelin was experienced by every rider on them. In 08 there were several races where the two suzukis and kwacks were running at the pointy end, I think it was misano where there were 3 of them in the top 5 for a big chunk of the race, both respective manufacturers and riders had their best seasons since they dropped the 500s those two years.. All Rossi did(as a rider doesn't develop the bike, right dog?)) was put bs tyres on and turned a huge deficit into what was at the time a record points haul over Casey alluding even more to the quality of the bridgestone tyres, and the developmental weakness of the duke, which never really made a forward after 07. Not even sure it has now but it's only 3 or 4 hours old not 3 or 4 years so they have some time.. It's a worrying trend that rather than instigate regulations that would make the bikes more prone to rider input they have decided to tag a whole bunch of slower bikes at the back of the pack.. Baffling.. They appear to be taking the things from f1 that don't work(the new slower teams and disregarding the ones that do, changing tyres, and drs which they can't have, but other technical areas that could improve the possibility to overtaking are available.. more fuel etc, whilst it doesn't in itself affect the overtaking it allows the rider a greater opportunity to input into the bike which the sport has lost, as Dennis Noyes put it, todays electronics are the equivalent of having a spell checker available in a spelling contest..

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

er, no hugelean

I will give you 2007 but not 2008. The Kawasaki's sucked in 2008 and Suzuki had a huge fall off from 2007 to 2008. Even in 2007 the Kawasaki was still no better than the 4th best factory as usual and were still out classed by satellite Hondas and Ducatis.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Thanks RawDawg but i am aware of all that!

Higher reving bikes may not corner as good but boy can they fly down the straights! This was evident when Stoner was pulling them massive gaps down the straights in Qatar in 2007. Rossi was working hard in the corners and was all over Stoner then as soon as they got on the start/finish straight Stoner would just ride past him without the help of slipstreaming..

Anyway, I really didnt want to start another Stoner knocking session but like i said, i just couldn't beleive what i was reading from a Stoner fan and just had to comment!

And yeah.... Scrap the TC and bring the 500s back! that will sort the sheep from the goats!! ;)

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Dorna.

Blab on about their ideas of MotoGP listen to what the racers say they are saying it for the good of the sport I hope in 2012 the electronics will be reduced we don't get the chance of what we saw back in the days of the 990 era.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Less is more

I think reducing the elecs package will be fantastic. Launch control HAS to go and cut the rest by, as has been said, at least 50%. Racing should be man and machine not man and machine and another machine.

Anyway, good to see 'milkyb-arse' is absent.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Rawdawg you have completely misunderstood my comment no doubt making up your next ridiculous assault on Rossi. The kwacks and suzus will never be hondas or yam but compared to the those on michis they were going very well. If anything michi dropped the ball more in 2008. Of course they weren't challenging for the title that's plain ridiculous, but have look at Danis 08 on the miches. if I remember correctly Dani, CE and a few other michi riders nearly walked out at Laguna seca it got so bad.. elbowz agree - they talk the talk but the walk never arrives, you have to wonder at their motives..

Reply to this Topic
cfreed

Mar 08

cfreed says:

uncontrollable

If you turn the electronics off these 800s would be uncontrollable, but if you built a new bike without electronics it would be very different in power delivery then the 800s. Mistakes and sliding a lot makes for closer racing. The problem is that there are fewer mistakes and the field is spreading out.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Uncontrollable?

The bottom line 'cfreed' bud is that the engine will rev from 0-silly revs. Surely it's up to the best riders in the world to work out where that limit is? I grew up watching the strokers of the 80's. These bikes posed, imo, a bigger challange than the last few years bikes. So much more depended on the slightest touch of the throttle. This to me IS racing. Hanging on the throttle and a silicon chip kicking in isn't my idea of skill. Braking etc aside, getting on the gas quickly when exiting a corner with 'only' your talent to rely on is the essence of racing imo bud.

Sure, scrub the elecs and some will suffer. That's the name of the game.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices