Skip to content

Discuss This BMW HP2 – only 20 left to buy New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > BMW HP2 – only 20 left to buy

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

BMW HP2 – only 20 left to buy

BMW Motorrad UK has announced (30-6-2011) only 20 of its HP2 boxer-twin sports bikes exist in UK BMW dealers and that any prospective buyers should be quick to snap one up because production of the £15,250 air-cooled weapon has now ceased. The limited production HP2 first appeared in 2008 and was the first boxer-powered BMW production bike to have the now-standard...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (30 June 2011 12:28)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Wellgofar

Jul 10

Wellgofar says:

Blow

Oh, I can't wait to rush out and blow fifteen and a half grand on a redundant machine. I'm off to the BMW dealer straight away. FFS.

Reply to this Topic
AlexL

Feb 09

AlexL says:

redundant

Sometimes redundant technology is more exciting than the new technology because it has character. This is true for many classic bikes and cars. The advantage of HP2 is that it has the character but it is also very reliable because the boxer being around for a few years...ahem. plus that 15k is not going to fall much...initially yes a few grand, but in 5 years they will be back to their original price plus the inflation.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Sorry but...

"the HP2 is a magnificent machine in its own right that many MCN staff would love to own." Sorry I am not buying you one :-)

I wouldn't mind one myself though... Its going to be a classic.

Reply to this Topic
AlexStratton164

Jul 11

Not at that price

Superb looking bike, No other bike like it to compete against it. But if i was going to splash that sort of cash it would be on a S1000RR and save my self a few quid. although great bike to own because in 20 years time they will be a bike which enthusiast will pay good money (if in good nick of course) :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices