Skip to content

Discuss This Riders urged to join high-vis demo General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Riders urged to join high-vis demo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Riders urged to join high-vis demo

Motorcyclists have been urged to join a protest this Saturday against the threat of compulsory high-visibility vests and other restrictive new rules from Brussels. The Motorcycle Action Group is staging a demonstration rally in Birmingham against proposed anti-tampering rules to stop riders modifying their bikes across Europe and plans for compulsory day-glow bibs in France and Ireland.  A spokesman for the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (30 June 2011 16:37)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Bring on a London demo

I'll be there with my mates doing our bit to stop this total insanity.

Who let all the lunatics out in france and gave them jobs as politicians?

Reply to this Topic
angusfosterhall

Dec 10

When and Where?

I would love to go but can't find where or what time. Anyone know?

Reply to this Topic
robk321

Jun 11

robk321 says:

It could force me and many others off the road and out of motorcycling. sky high fuel and now this- there is no way I am being forced to wear one grrrrr!

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

There would be no point in buying riding gear u like if this is foisted on us.

Reply to this Topic
Wellgofar

Jul 10

Wellgofar says:

Unacceptable

It's unacceptable, full stop. I'm no style guru by any means but I get your point boybilly, It's what we have here in the UK, freedom of choice, that's what we don't want taken away. In the winter months in the pissin rain and dark on a motorway in the morning or evening, I'd definitely be trying to save my own arse by wearing a high vis trying to avoid the sleepy drivers in their heated tin boxes, radio blaring, on the phone, smoking a fag, not paying attention. But that's why we have choice. In the spring, summer and autumn I choose to wear kevlar jeans, boots, and a lightly padded jacket. That's my choice, no one else's, and that's what's important. And that's all folks, as bugs bunny once said!:wacko:

PS, If you do a demo in London on a Saturday, count me in!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

No thanks

No way will I wear one of those, if a driver in a car cant' see me coming down the road with my headlights on its not going to make much difference wearing a high viz when most of it will be hidden behind the faring anyway.

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

We need Every Biker on this Island to demonstrate about this .

But sadly I cannot see this happening.

How about a demo in all large cities, just like France?

Block the roads and, maybe,just maybe we will be heard.

Who am I kidding, the government plonkers dont listen to anybody.

Reply to this Topic
mercymercyred

Jan 10

wellgofar here here

Couldn't agree with you more freedom of choice every time, drivers need to be more aware of us. A better advertising campaign to highlight bikers to drivers. Down here in South Devon the local council are pretty good at putting signs up 'Summers here more bikers on the road' 'Think Bike' on bright yellow signs. Still too many accidents though.

Reply to this Topic
tableab

Jul 11

tableab says:

http;//www.betterwholesaler.us

The website whol esale for many kinds of fas hion sho es, like the nik e,jord an,pr ada, the jea ns,shirts,bags,hat and decorations. All the products are free ship ping, and the the price is com petitive, and also can accept the pay pal pay ment. ,after the paym ent, can ship within short time.

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

Shi#

freedom of choice............ RIP

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle