Skip to content

Discuss This Mugello MotoGP: Valentino Rossi admits Ducati not strong enough MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mugello MotoGP: Valentino Rossi admits Ducati not strong enough

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Mugello MotoGP: Valentino Rossi admits Ducati not strong enough

Valentino Rossi has admitted he’s not competitive enough at the moment to be fighting for podium finishes ahead of his factory Ducati debut in Italy this weekend. Speaking on the eve of his long-awaited Ducati debut on home soil at the spectacular Mugello circuit, Rossi fears his army of fans are unlikely to see him competing for victory on Sunday. Rossi will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (30 June 2011 19:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

I believe they've wrote this season off...

Hell, at least they finally wrote off the GP11 and now have at least something that is Ross-esque. I wouldn't be too phased about the pit lane start. Who really cares? When the bikes not competitve and the Championship over it becomes a season long test. I don't see any real action developing at Mugello this weekend. Unless the Yamahas bridge the gap like last time out. Dani sure aint gonna give Stoner a race yet Stoners quoted 'he's glad the competition is back'. WTF?

Yamaha3358 - I have to aplogise, I got bored reading that last post because it actually started looking like the 'copy paste' function had come into play. Try harder next time. You just keep throwing my insults back with but with no 'balls'. You're fighting a losing battle kid. Stick to the short 'two sentence posts'. Lol, scooter boys, jeeesh, who'd have 'em????

Two accounts, what a coincidence that is? Must be for your benefit only eh? Poo poo scribbler, keep on scribbling.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

erm... on the up side in FP2 Rossi was 3rd fastest!!!... ok... that's all... nothing to see here...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Hedgehog

That was tongue in cheek wasn't it....

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Yeah

3rd fastest out of the three riders that actually went out.... ha ha ha

Also, the Ducati broke down twice in FP1 this morning?! WTF is going on?

Reply to this Topic
galaway

Dec 08

galaway says:

mgp

lets put sidecars on instead off   mgp 800   at least they will race in the wet

getting sick of excuses from all 

formula 1 had this prob  it was just boring

now  in a bit of a way they have sorted it

we  need many more bikes on the  mgp grid

i wont pay the entry fee just to wach 10 bikes going round  and only 6 with any chance of competing for the  flag

come on dorna the balls in your court  get it sorted

the gates will drop now rossi isnt  competative

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Anyone get the feeling the duke/rossi thing ain't meant to be?? Four fully fit race weekends, one full warm dry session in all, and both bikes break down... you couldn't make it up. I always thought Caseys duke was super reliable, Duke have really dropped the (a) ball.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Jumping the gun a bit

Ducati haven't yet said what the problems were have they? I didn't see it but no-one was talking about an engine blow up in FP2. It could have been a simple sensor or anything, the engine could be unaffected.

Although Mr Ryder is adamant the second problem will be a spongy brake which wouldn't have happened if Burgess was there...  Really.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

It was electrical

both times. No biggie.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

See, Engine this, engine that!

All this engine talk was for nothing! What plank brought up the engines anyway... oh, errrr...

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Both were electrical, one a wire short and the other a once in a lifetime faulty ecu if Logan is to be believed not certain JB would have spotted both has other things to do. Engines will be a problem but right now it's testing and getting a frame to work that ducati appear to need... If Ducati had half a brain the would have Furasawa's design consultancy making a super svelte more standard frame config right now and if they have any sense they will test it just in case. There are still no guarantees the cf will work and it's year 3.. Ducati definitely can't afford another bad season after this, and I doubt Rossi would put up with it, he still has the talent and Yam and Honda would have him in a heartbeat. On the other hand It would be even better if they did get it working..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices