Skip to content

Discuss This Mugello MotoGP: Pressure builds on Scott Redding MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mugello MotoGP: Pressure builds on Scott Redding

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Mugello MotoGP: Pressure builds on Scott Redding

Scott Redding has been warned his poor run of results in the Moto2 world championship must improve quickly after he slumped to a disappointing 27th place in Mugello. The 18-year-old threatened to pull off a stunning top six finish in the early stages after he surged through from 28th on the grid to 13th in just three laps. But when he was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 July 2011 09:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

Not often you hear a team boss put a rocket up his riders asses, these guys are supposed to be professional racers, they definitely need to work on their training if the suffer heat exhaustion in Italy.

Scott showed great promise last year, I hope he can lift his game.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

He's cried off before with fitness probelms in the heat... & he can't ride for fudge in the wet... he needs to be more adaptable or his career is down the drain I'm afraid... hard facts time... let's hope this sends him the warning he needs to up his game.

Reply to this Topic
NOTiFY

Aug 02

NOTiFY says:

Redding

Read a comment from Scott Redding last season saying "Bradley Smiths needs to chill and lighten up", or words to that effect. What he meant was he doesn't party like me and is boring. I think it's beginning to show now and Bradley's professionalism and training is bearing fruits. The days of partying like Sheene & Co and then winning a GP are long gone.

Reply to this Topic
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

hate to say it but..

back in February I got absolutely slated and was told by many on here that i didnt have a clue what i was talkin about and that I was some "armchair wannabe" that should learn a thing or two about bike racing before making comments like "Redding is over rated, and will be lucky to end top 6".

well....  hahaha.  Looks like i was right and actually them lot are the ones that aint got a clue whats going on.  Bet they all thought Haye would win on Saturday too lol.  I had a feeling Smith might surprise us and boy Scott down the road, and look what's happening.  Fait play to him.  He's grafting, and it's paying off....

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Very disappointing

I had Scott pegged for a really good year this year and it's been all tears. If I'm not mistaken this is the 2nd time in his career than he's suffered from "exhaustion". That's totally unacceptable for a professional athlete that has nothing to do BUT train. He is in the same conditions as everyone else yet he's the one suffering - what does that say about Scott? He really needs to turn it around and light a fire under his ass.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Michael Bartholemy sound like an angry man,and who can blame him?

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

scott redding

nothing like kicking the boy when he.s down typical english fans wot the f...k do u all no .... he just 18 years old and 1 of the best riders that we have got in the UK

Reply to this Topic
Kingsil

Mar 09

Kingsil says:

Results

When your race boss kicks you up the ar*e he does it to get a response and more importantly to see how you respond. There are a lot of talented riders lining up for a shot in this class so the best response is to train hard, work hard and don't complain and don't believe your own press, good or bad.

Reply to this Topic
Jimbo269

Mar 11

Jimbo269 says:

Incident??

I'm probably not the only one thinking this, but do any of you think the incident with Shoya Tomizawa last year is troubling his mind?  After having all of winter to reflect on what happened, it can not have been a good time for him & he was only 17 (??) when all of this happened.

We all know he is a great & very capable racer, without a doubt he has the tallent to be up the front.  I feel sorry for him & really hope he gets back on top of his game again soon.

Reply to this Topic
juan el sombrero

Nov 07

rider?

How is it that at the begining of the year and scott was chomping at the bit. He is up for it this year and he is training harder than ever. Now how is it that bartholemy (ex motogp kawasaki boss) was banging at the suter factory door asking for what was promised-a new design,upgrades and yet none of it has turned up and suter are pi55ed at Bartholemy. And that hugely known sponosr-marc or vds? must be bringing in all that cash just like that unknown sponsor-repsol! does for marquez,and wasnt tom luthi a champion in gp? Bartholemy needs to buck his bloody ideas up and put together a team that is competetive from day one-such as marquez's team. Oh and i suppose bartholemy has never been ill in his whole existence being on this planet? My ar5e bartholemy,go out and ride it faster than scott or pi55 off and leave it in the hands of pete benson-you know that chap who helped hayden win the championship-one of those things you dont have is this!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices