Skip to content

Discuss This Husqvarna's Nuda 900R unveiled New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Husqvarna's Nuda 900R unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Husqvarna's Nuda 900R unveiled

Husqvarna have unveiled their new Nuda 900R road bike, releasing pictures and video of the BMW-powered naked in action. The Nuda will feature a re-worked 900cc version of BMW’s 800cc parallel twin motor that will reportedly put out over 100bhp and 73lbft (100Nm) of torque. Fully adjustable Sachs 48mm front forks and Ohlins rear shock will deal with the bumps, whilst Brembo...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 July 2011 12:37)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

OK for summer!

Nobody would seriously want to commute in this country with this bike, you would need a wet suit when its raining. It will be like riding two water wheels! The BMW donor bike would make a much better bet, this looks like a styling exercise!

Reply to this Topic
ASteel

Jul 11

ASteel says:

Mongrel!

All of you who are whimpering about its lack of practicality and getting wet obviously don't get it. You're all so used to these neutered cross-bred bikes trying to appeal to the masses. It's great to see something quite edgy and with a combination of Husqvarna's arm wrenching pedigree mated with BMW's reliability, should make for a great ride. It's far more practical than previous bikes like the SMR570 which were very supermoto focused and barely road legal.  I rode mine from London to Scotland, where my Dad crashed it and it still made it back. Looking forward to seeing how it fares against the competition!?

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

How come there's so many

comments slating the practicality of a bike built to go out and have fun on at reasonable non ballistic missile speeds (sports bikes anyone?) and yet not run out of breath down the dual carriageway and motorway if it's necessary to go on there for a short distance? I don't remember all this fuss about the practicality of Triumph Speed and Street Triples, Benelli TNT, MV Brutale, etc. etc. I can just imagine if the first model to come out had a big fairing, panniers, big fat seat (and we don't know yet if this will be uncomfortable, a lot depends on the foam used, plenty of sports bike only got a postage stamp of material on the seat) big comfy pillion seat and low pegs, the shouts would be about how dull and boring it was, and why didn't they do something edgier and racier :-) It will be interesting to see what the continental magazines and riders have to say about it, meanwhile I think the video gives a good indication of what it's for, a hooligans alternative to the sports bike! Stand it on it's nose up to the corners, throw it down on the edge of the tyre, (outbraking and outcornering the sports tackle) wallop it out of the corner on the back wheel and away down the medium distance straights to the next bend :-) Think KTM Superduke/990 Supermoto not BMW F650/800, BMW haven't had much available to compete with KTMs nutter bikes!! and probably the next release will be something closer to KTM SMT 990, a bit more practicality :-)

Reply to this Topic
Jackspratt

Dec 04

Jackspratt says:

Arrrrgh - trouser explosion!!

My God! They've actually gone and built one, and before I died! 350lb. 75ftlb torque . 100 plus HP. AND it's a parallel twin, I love twins actually...and this one'll do nicely. It looks like it turns like a fish, doesn't have bloody useless under seat exhausts; and it's design is plain, clean, simple and handsome enough to look at etc. It also looks like I might even fit on it and not be in pain, as it may not be designed for a bloody midget with an attitude problem. All I need to do is retro engineer a decent screen...no sweat. The only concern? Build quality. And price... If they are OK, I think I have finally found the bike I have been dreaming of for 40 years - after all those bloody dreadful sodding sports bikes and cruisers of the last 30 years.

Reply to this Topic
zebulonmonstro

Nov 09

who does remember the famous 610? Hope this bike will be has fun has other husky.

The trouble is 900cc naked and 175 kg is not exactly light. The duo is forbidden. The trip more than 50 miles will be seriously painful. So appart pulling wheelies, where do you want to use it in UK and whom is going to ride it?

Husky NUDA 900R is for B road in South East of France and you must be a confirmed biker between 30 and 35 years old. Any men with family will go for a more sensitive choice and more versatile use. This is the ideal bike for younster but insurance will cost 3 trillions what ever the money...

So if they want to sell this bike, price will have to be small for those are real biker or completely over price for branded moto gp sunday riders. I bet it will cost £7995.00 when in theory £5995.00 will be more a stricking choice. Look Benelli and the fabulous T tech with massive power band for 6k...

Tough time for new bikes

Reply to this Topic
dtrides

Mar 11

dtrides says:

Nuda 900R

If it has less than 125mi range it doesn't matter how good it is. From what I can see the tank looks minuscule. It doesn't need the range of a tourer but no matter how cool it looks I refuse to push it to the refueling station or have to strap a can on the back just to complete a ride. Thats just the reality of wide open spaces in USA. Other than that I think they have something there . DT.

Reply to this Topic
Kingsil

Mar 09

Kingsil says:

Good on 'em

It looks like the crazy love-child of a Triumph X-75 Hurricane and a KTM Duke 690. Good on 'em for building it, will any one buy it? People used to buy Buells and they weren't everyone's cup of char, good niche bikes will sell even in conservative old blighty.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TT600JCC

Feb 08

TT600JCC says:

Bang Tidy

This looks very nice very Ktm Duke like but doesn't most of these Fun bikes all look the same? With BMW owning the Company we would hope build quality is good and as for fuel range, really does it matter if it's 125 miles and not 200?

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

NUDA 900

Well,the photo's this time round show a design that isn't that bad. Just wonder about tank range,how many litre's it'll hold and riding comfort. There again.you buy a bike like this,you know what to expect i suppose.

Reply to this Topic
falcox123

Aug 02

falcox123 says:

Husky Nuda900

Will somebody PLEASE tell manufacturers (of cars as well as bikes) that we DON'T want to hear some "funky" soundtrack overlaid on these videos to hype up a new model ? I find it really annoying as I mainly want to hear what the thing actually sounds like..

Bunch of wassocks ! ( the "marketing" men that is)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices