Skip to content

Ask an Expert hayabusa hot starting. Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > hayabusa hot starting.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ynot753

Jul 11

ynot753 says:

hayabusa hot starting.

Hi can any body help?

I have a 2000 hayabusa 29k starts fine when cold but if i stop for about 20 mins it will not start turns over smell fuel leave it for about 1 hour sarts as if nothing wrong it is driving me mad any help please only does this when it is realy hot so i am reluctant to go out on good days do not know if it will start thanks.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 July 2011 20:55)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

hot start

pos weak battery , whats your battery charge like ? check that first

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

hayabusa hot starting.

Reg/rec?

Reply to this Topic
ynot753

Jul 11

ynot753 says:

hayabusa hot starting.

new battery not long ago.will check reg/rec thanks. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

new battery

Any voltage readings would be better with engine stopped,tickover and 4,000 rpm.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Suzuki Hayabusa

Hi Ynot753

If all the electrics check out,have the valve-shims gaps checked,if they are to tight they will hold slightly open when hot,so impair starting when hot.Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
ynot753

Jul 11

ynot753 says:

hayabusa hot start

Thanks for all your help going in for mot so will get valve shims checked.

Reply to this Topic
ynot753

Jul 11

ynot753 says:

hayabusa hot start

Thanks for all your help will get valve shims checked on mot this month.

Reply to this Topic
BUSABEN

Nov 11

BUSABEN says:

Busa Hot Starting

My '99 Busa has the exact same problem and has been in Crescent Suzuki for the last 5 weeks while they try and solve the problem. The bike is still doing the same but they have adjusted valve clearances, replaced all fuel filters, checked Crank and cam sensors, replaced plugs so that narrows it down i reckon to the fuel pump.

When i had the problem and you switch ignition on i could hear a creaking noise and smell of fuel when the priming part of the pump is active. my moneys on a pump. will let you know what suzuki find when its all fixed.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Just to throw a spanner in the works..... Make sure the breather in the petrol cap is not blocked.

It can cause a vacum in the tank when being used which can continue to build when on stop and warm. It will struggle to get juice into the engine if there is a sufficient vacum. Next time it does it, just open the petrol cap, and try to start it. If it fires up immediately, you know what the fault is.

Reply to this Topic
barnstormer1

Jun 11

barnstormer1 says:

Busa not starting

A 'Busa of that age has probably had a factory recall done by a dealer on the fuel strainer inside the external fuel pump-they replaced a very fine one with a coarser one as they were getting blocked too easily. My 99 Busa had problems after this recall-slight hesitation, reluctant to start sometimes and worse fuel consumption, the dealer wouldn't do anything so investigated it myself. Inside the fuel pump is a O-ring that if it is not assembled with care and a little lubricant gets snagged and nipped and doesn't seal properly causing a loss of fuel pressure.  I suggest that before you spend serious money you get someone to check the fuel injection pressure.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices