You are in... Forums > General > General > MCE Insurance

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

magot

Mar 09

magot says:

MCE Insurance

Two months ago my brother went on to the mcn web site to find the cheapest qute to insure his Honda CB 1300, his cheapest quote was with MCE at £97.00.

He was very pleased with the quote and all was happy, that is until he changed his Honda CB 1300 for a Triumph Street Triple 675.

When he contacted MCE on Monday after hanging on the phone for some considrable time, they told him it would cost him £86.00 to change the policy, as you can imagine he was not very happy about it when it only cost him £97.00for the original policy.

Surely this cannot be justified, I have changed bikes on my insurance with Carole Nash in the past and it has not cost me a penny, I am now getting concerned because I am looking at a Street Triple myself and this year I swapped my insurance to MCE.

My brother told MCE to shove their insurance and canncelled his policy, and just to rub salt into the wound they then told him that although he has only had his policy running for two months he will only get back £14.00.

We were at Snetterton on Sunday and listend to an spokes person for MCE telling everyone how they like to give things back to their customers what a load of crap.

Be warned if you get a cheap quote from MCE and you are thinking of changing your bike or even changing your address you will surely get shafted 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 July 2011 07:58)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CharlieSYLO

Mar 11

CharlieSYLO says:

Insurance companies

There will always be horror stories about every single one of them. MCE and possibly Aviva are the only ones that I've never heard a good word about. All of them are guilty of demanding money with menaces, courtesy of our lovely goverment (past and present).:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

How about a new thread ?

I too have read many bad posts on here over the years about crap insurance service... admitted, we all want cheap insurance.... but surely, we should all want the best too ?..

So....

Why dont we all post on here, which insurance company we feel offer the best customer service ?...

Reply to this Topic
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

MCE

Yep they are crap.  But sometimes that works in your favour.  I have written off two bikes whilst insured with them.  Yet they dont know about one of the accidents and the other they say was a no fault even though nobody else was involved. 

So yeah I have to agree they are totally incompetent.  But I am sticking with them at least for the time being.

Reply to this Topic
Skatingsnapper

Sep 11

MCE

As a newbie I wished I would have checked this site first, I got a policy with them on friday when i picked up my YBR125 (125cc's or PURE POWER!!!!:laugh:) Anyway sincve then thay have phoned me over 20 times, the first 10 were trying to sell my a policy I just bought as i went through go compare (never will use them either) ansd then the last 10 were trying to up sell me a better RAC cover.......I cancelled due to the harrasment which cost me about 26 quid but i am going to report them to the FSA, Insurance and Ofcom as i asked every time for them to take me off their database yet they still phoned me at all hours

Bunch of twunts!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle