Skip to content

General Ooops.....just been nicked.... Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Ooops.....just been nicked....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

svgirly

Feb 11

svgirly says:

Ooops.....just been nicked....

for speeding :upset:

Pulled on the M20 near Ashford doing avg 92. something mph.  Unmarked Jag.  I've seen it about and by the time I clocked it, the blue lights came on!!!!! 3 points and £60.  Just glad I took someones advice to keep it under 100mph.

What's the deal with doing a speed awarenwess course instead of points?

Not a great way to start the day.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 July 2011 09:05)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gjkt

Jul 09

gjkt says:

NIP

I believe that as long as they gave you a NIP at the road side they have 6 mths to follow it up. If they didn't you should have heard within 14 days.

I've sweated several times for the full 2 weeks. Hope all goes well for you.:winkie:

PS. I have been known to be wrong!

Reply to this Topic
mark0711

Mar 11

mark0711 says:

Ooops.....just been nicked....

take it from me as i have been on a speed awareness course , they are a load of bollocks as they dont teach you anything you dont already watch on the telly with all these THINK ! adverts you see .

:lol:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

svgirly...

don't worry,they'll hunt you down like a dog...they just like to build up the tension.....keep your cool and throw it in the bin when it arrives.:smile

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Waiting for a 'date'...

Got lulled into a false sense of hope myself, back in the day.  Thought the filth had lost the paperwork or something, but nay chance.  Just took several months to work its way through the system.  

Got to court, and even though I thought my argument was sound (the magistrate congratulated me, with no sarcasm, on a fine speech!), doing "in excess of 110mph" in a 60mph zone was what they were interested in.   Curiously enough, it's just occurred to me that the fine was £110 (incl. costs).  Wonder if that was their stab at humour.

Reply to this Topic
Driver67

Jul 11

Driver67 says:

No ticket?

Didn't they give you a ticket at the roadside?

If they did, you have only got a limited time to send off your payment. I think it's 14 or 21 days? Otherwise it will get increased to a £90 fine. If there is a 'producer' included in the ticket, you only have 7 days to go and show them your docs, and they will take your licence to have the points put on it.

If you didn't get a ticket at the roadside, it might be several weeks before you hear anything. The cops will have to send a statement off to their traffic enforcement office who will issue a summons to you in the post.They have 6 months to do this.

Reply to this Topic
Mannakin

Sep 10

Mannakin says:

NIP

Read this for a fairly comprehensive FAQ on the NIP.

I have been stopped before (a few years back) and didn't get an NIP at the roadside - they did say they intended to prosecute, but I never heard anything about it again.

Reply to this Topic
svgirly

Feb 11

svgirly says:

Ah well the letter came

today!!!!!!!!  My hope of them having lost paperwork not happened!!!!!:lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
Mannakin

Sep 10

Mannakin says:

Bugger :(

Is it "just" a fixed penalty?

Reply to this Topic
svgirly

Feb 11

svgirly says:

yep a fixed penalty

3 points and £60.  Still that's life!:wink: