Skip to content

Ask an Expert If I can do it then! bikergran age 54 Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > If I can do it then! bikergran age 54

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bikergran

May 11

bikergran says:

If I can do it then! bikergran age 54

:smile  Eve:unsure:ning all, just want to say and try and encourage any "Older Ladies" that may be thinking of or would like to ride a bike!  Im 54 and about 6 yrs ago got myself a 50cc Aprillia scooter and loved it, but then Hubby decided he would like to buy caravan so my scooter went parlty to pay for it.Anyway a couple of yrs later  I really fancied another scooter so bought a Piaggio Fly125, did my CBT and loved it, although it was long cold day in the rain, unfortunatly I was knocked off it just over 2 yrs ago, so decided to give a geared bike a try  lol. got myself a Yamaha Custom 125, and almost 2 yrs later thought  ohh come on get your Mod 1 done girl!  wasnt sucsessful 1st attempt only got up to 49 km and was bitterly dissapointed  so gave it a rest until about 10 week ago when I took it again.having gained more confidence and having practiced more emrgency stops and swerving at 30mph  I just thought ok lets go for it... and whoopeeee  managed 53km on swerve and emergency.

Today!!!! woohooooo  have pased Mod 2  !!  ohh the best feeling ever, I was sssshhhhhaking yes! but I tried really hard to concentrate as if I failed then I would end up having to take another CBT as well..it started raining (I hate being out in the rain on my bike) but i know that will come with confidence.as yet my L Plates are still on (will take them off first thing tomorrow) what I want to say is....if you fancy it  have a go!! im a 54 yr old grandma and yes maybe I should be getting my slippers and knitting needles ready lol..but  Noooo Wer'e not ready for that yet are we girls!!!  sooo what you waiting for!!!!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 July 2011 21:39)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bikergran

May 11

bikergran says:

Brill feeling!

Thanks "ovski"  and maybe you should get that "cough" seen to ! lol.

Yes hearing the words " It's a Pass " will ring in my ears forver, I must say I am not a natural biker/rider but having spent an amount of hard saved money, then I just needed to see it through, there were a few times (especialy after having failed Mod1) that I thought ohhhhh  grrrrr.... I will just keep on doing my CBTs, but then the cost of them was creeping up and I had enough of my L Plates spoiling the look of my little custom bike.. lol. The only thing I hated on the Mod 1 was the swerve I just kept dreading it,even though I must have done it 10 times over when out for a normal ride on the roads traveling at 30mph (or more when appropiate) to me speeding up in a restricted area, travelling towards 6ft railings was against my natural instincts, although I knew there was more than enough length to conquer this. And yes  the words "Passed" when taking my car test,didnt touch the excitment that I felt on Tuesday when I did my bike test....     take care all (big grin) still on cloud 9 :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

bikergran

I passed my test years ago and every time i get my bike out I'm still grinning like a cheshire cat.Just like this one.>:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
ginger 72

May 08

ginger 72 says:

passed my test in 1955 still riding at age 76 your never too old till they nail the lid down.

Reply to this Topic
bikergran

May 11

bikergran says:

Hi ginger 72

you really suit that bike..looks nice.yes nice is a female word lol.....Im still on my little custom.. finances wont allow me to move up yet! sniff..plus I cant find anything suitable...my friends had a 250 ybr Yamaha which would relaly suit me at the mo..but!!!!! this yucky weather!!!!!!! blaaaaaaaaaaa......roll on next summer...happy riding :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle