Skip to content

Discuss This Was Dani Pedrosa right to snub Marco Simoncelli handshake? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Was Dani Pedrosa right to snub Marco Simoncelli handshake?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Was Dani Pedrosa right to snub Marco Simoncelli handshake?

Tension between Dani Pedrosa and Marco Simoncelli was at fever pitch in Mugello last weekend as the pair came face to face for the first time since their controversial collision in Le Mans. Simoncelli’s aggressive overtake during the French Grand Prix wrecked Pedrosa’s 2011 world title hopes after the Spaniard was left with a broken right collarbone. Pedrosa only made his comeback...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 July 2011 13:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
motogprulez

Jun 08

motogprulez says:

wierd one

I would say dani should have shook his hand, but maybe simo was trying to shake his hand which is the same side as his collarbone lol but seriously maybe he should have shook his hand, but if u think of it on a personal view most people would do the same as dani because simo caused dani a lot of pain but also possibly the best chance he ever had of a world championship so in his own rights i think he had every right to deny a handshake

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

This years title

It looks to me that Stoner and Pedro have an internal race for "the biggest handbag"

Reply to this Topic
dskyrme

Aug 05

dskyrme says:

pedrosa

wasn't that long ago when dani punted hayden off in portugal when nicky was going for the title, granted nicky wasn't physically hurt, but did he ever make a public gesture of a handshake?

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Dani.

You complete hypocrite remember 2006 when your team-mate at the time was fighting for a title something you don't have and you crashed into him. Then up to Valencia event at the time Nick reveals he had a shoulder injury from the crash but you don't see him refusing a handshake that is what you call a man grow up Pedrosa.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

no he wasn't....

made himself look a right prat....especially as it transpired Simoncelli had left a voice mail on Dani's mobile to apologise straight after Le Mans, so full marks to Simoncelli for trying anyway....man up Dani !

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

Gertcha!!

Pedro totally outgunned by Sic - the boy should have had a witty quip ready for the cheeky Hair Bear. Was that Rossi giving Pedrophenia one of his well-rehearsed mental head slaps? Go and eat your greens laddy!!

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Yeah, Pedrosa was a littlearrogant after he knocked Hayden off his bike in 06.

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Well said Elbowz11..he is too!!!

Dani, grow a pair sonny. You half forced the crash so get with the Damn program. Simo was kicking your arse and you've let the bloody Aussie muppet take your bike and win with it!!! You need to get out there an d become a winner again. Put a stick In the spokes of the Stoner title fight and upset the apple cart. But more importantly you have to put the ghosts to rest and beat Marco fair and square. PS - why the long recovery time anyway? Oh, you crashed training did you? Ok.

Reply to this Topic
twistedrider

Jul 09

twistedrider says:

Pedro was right to do so

I'm a Simoncelli fan, and being a Yankee I am definitely not a Pedrosa fan after his incident with Hayden, but I've also raced motorcycles at the amateur level for many years. If someone pulled a bonehead maneuver like that on me, and had to have surgeries as a consequence, I would have done the same thing as Pedrosa, if not more.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Dani's reaction.

I think for me Ben Spies said it all.I do think however Dani should have shock his hand & accepted the public appology if only just as a PR exersise.I think we need to move on now & consentrate on the racing instead of all the off track theatrics.

P.S. Very good response from Ben.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle