Got something to say?

Got something to say?

aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

News of the world

ceases publication after this week,this will be interesting.:mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (07 July 2011 17:09)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
seniorspanner

Jan 09

Cops

I quite agree - and if NoW managers are in the frame for prosecution, why does'nt the same apply to senior Police officers - or are they playing the 3-monkey trick as well??

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Do you remember...

when the deputy chief constable of the Manchester force was sent to Belfast to lead an inquiry into the Ulster police, and their possible collusion with terror groups?...now what was the outcome of that 'thorough investigation'?.....I think it involved someone 'retiring' and going on to sell roller blinds or something similar.:blink:

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

Stalker his name was,

Oldish.  I think he got a bit close to the truth and was quietly sidelined.  Was living out there at the time, he was nearly as popular as a fart in a spacesuit with the local RUC lads

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

that's right mostlyslowly...

John Stalker...the upshot of all the enquiring was that it ruined his career and he was resigned /retired....not a job most would want, investigating your own.

Reply to this Topic
Si749

Oct 03

Si749 says:

Only one thing worse than the S*n/NOTW and thats the sad, thick, cunts who buy it.

Reply to this Topic
Si749

Oct 03

Si749 says:

hey vulcan

is that what this is all about...

Reports suggest that Gordon Brown will make a statement around 4.30 which will cause the hacking story to explode.

Reply to this Topic
Si749

Oct 03

Si749 says:

BBCLauraK Laura Kuenssberg
BBC told medical records of Gordon Browns son with cystic fibrosis illegally obtained + info then published by the Sun when Brooks in charge.

That's who youre dealing with/financing when you buy that fucking rag.

Indefensible.

There's a real chance that we can change the mentality and culture in this country but it WILL pass us by cos half the populations a bunch of sineless apathetic shithouses and the other half still want to read about Cheryl Cole and her odious cunt of a husband.

Shame on all of us if nothing comes of this.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stirfry

Jan 08

stirfry says:

I think we have largely

got what we deserve. We, the public elevated the staus of news of the world and the sun by listening to and giving credence to reports made by these so called papers.

Murdoch is nothing but astute (until recently anyway). He carefully watched opinion polls and would back the side that appeared to be winning and was rutheless in slaughtering the opposition. I find this by itself distasteful. An Aussie/nationalised yank who pays little in the way of tax to the UK, yet somehow held a great deal of influence on who became our government. Other stories that Blair consulted with Murdoch before the Iraq war are also appalling if true. Murdoch should have no influence on sending our boys to fight.

Politicians/ press and police corrupt inept and incompetent. Many of us suspected this. Recent revelations confirm it

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

oh dear

I bought the NOTW, my daughter liked all the celebrity gossip and I liked it for the sport coverage. Every week it was split in two parts.

I wont by the mirror as it is an anti bike paper .

I'm afraid I'm one of those bigots who doesn't pay too much creedance to the politics of newspapers.

So for me I liked it for the sport.

What does that make me :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

individual

is what it makes us Vulcan, and what a good thing that is to be. That's why all the debates on here and elsewhere is interesting as one mans meat is another mans poison. As long it doesn't degenerate into personal insults being thrownit's all good and healthy.

I've learnt quite a few things I didn't know just on here :winkie:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices