Got something to say?

Got something to say?

aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

News of the world

ceases publication after this week,this will be interesting.:mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (07 July 2011 17:09)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

I think the top cop

should spend some time in stir. What sort of an example is he setting to his piglets?

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

as said before police are the biggest

I respect the law as  in I know I must not steal kill or misbehave or any other deed, but I don't respect the enforcers. The police are and always have been the biggest bunch of tossers ever.

Twice they have invaded my space and twice they were ballsed out and shown up to be just what they really are. And were made to apologise.

Twice I had a crime committed against me, bike theft and theft from a member of staff out of my till and and staffs xmas tips and nowhere to be seen.. Dealt with the perpitrator by my rules, he never will get a job anywhere again.

It blows open our whole justice system and how corrupt it is. I listened to all the interviews over the past week or so and the only thing that came to light was who ever was employed to do the security today needs their arse kicking .

it was shambolic.:mad:

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Too much

mass hysteria here.

The News of the World is but a very tiny part of a massive worldwide empire, and to suggest that the Murdochs, especially 80 year old Rupert, was aware of the day to day happenings there just proves that this whole thing is nothing more than a runaway train and people aren`t thinking straight. Of course they didn`t know what was going on how could they? 
All thats happening here is a mass hatred for the Murdochs is being whipped up by the governing classes, and I don`t believe its all that palatable. Its all way over the top.

Justice should be targeted at the people who were directly responsible for the mis-deeds, that is News of the World staff and the crooked police.
No evidence of any wrongdoing in other papers has come out and the targets should be more focussed or the real criminals will get away with it.

Having said that, there are a lot of people digging about trying to get to the bottom of it all, the police corruption is the aspect which concerns me the most.

What is most disappointing is Labours` and Ed Millibands` in particular strategy of just banging on and on about Cameron employing Andy Coulson, they don`t seem to have anything else to say, its so annoying and tedious. If its the crisis we are lead to believe it is then they ought to get their act together and come up with something useful or the Tories are going to be with us for quite some time. 

Reply to this Topic
stirfry

Jan 08

stirfry says:

Cheeky

I'm not sure that I agree with your appraisal of the Murdochs being an innocent party in the news of the world scandal. Murdoch is far from innocent and his son was certainly involved as he has admitted signing a cheque to pay of at least one celebrity.

I do agree with you that Milliband trying to come across as pious is bollocks. He was until recently, like most other MP's, right up Murdochs flabby old arse. 

It is obvious that the hacking was endemic within News of the world and probably the Sun. It was a culture that placed pressure on reporters to produce stories to such a large degree they had little alternative to resort to illicit means or leave. That culture goes right to the top at least to that pasty bint brooks 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stirfry

Jan 08

stirfry says:

so the police

didn't pursue the previous investigation into phone hacking because the news of the world wasn't co-operating. Ok so next time you are pulled up for speeding try bribing them and then just dont co-operate. This investigation makes our police look like some inept third world police force, corrupt right to the top.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

im with cheeky monkey

1% of the total company which is what NOTW occupied, how on earth with a pay rol of 52000 people could they know everything that was ging on. They relied on the police investigation to do what they had to do.

Only corrupt people are the hacks and the met and no one else. IMO

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

babyblade...

the Nof tW...was close to old Rupert's (cold dead) Heart...he was often on site, so don't think it was a lonely outpost of his vast Empire.Both he and his Empire will survive, and we'll still have hacks and cops when it all blows over.....just be a few new wtf moments a couple of years down the line...( Jeremy Paxman on secret BNP payroll :shock:):lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

oldish

you are probably right . I do think Rebekah Brooks was let off quite lightly, and i think the Murdochs trusted her too much.

In all honesty I don't quite kno hat to make of it all and what has become of this country.

Was it always like this but not publicised or are now in a corrupt society:mad:

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Rebekah Brooks

walked all over the interviewing committee - simple truth was they were just not good enough.

One of the half wits put something to her as 'truth' simply because he'd read it in the Guardian that morning.....:doubt:

With incisive interviewing / questioning like that they not going to get to the bottom of a bath tub wearing lead trousers!

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Boult...

they don't really want to, they've all got their own skeletons to hide. It's all for show...nice move,putting Ms Dick in the top cop  job...didn't she have a career threatening bit of upset a while back?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices