Skip to content

Discuss This Race Direction responds to Dani Pedrosa criticism MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Race Direction responds to Dani Pedrosa criticism

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Race Direction responds to Dani Pedrosa criticism

Race Director Paul Butler has responded to criticism from Spanish rider Dani Pedrosa over the handling of his controversial collision with Marco Simoncelli in Le Mans. Pedrosa was left with a broken right collarbone and his 2011 world title hopes in tatters when he was involved in a collision with Italian Simoncelli during a battle for second in France back in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 July 2011 13:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tojoda

Jul 11

tojoda says:

Move on mate

To quote: "He told MCN: “What Race Direction is saying is that full contact is permitted. If you want you can touch another rider and nothing happens".

I made a comment about this "contact" a few weeks ago:

"With regards the Pedrosa/Simoncelli "incident", I did notice in one of the replays (the one from the left rear!) that Pedrosa actually appeared to pick it up when Simoncelli was almost past him, thereby running into Simoncelli’s back wheel? If you have a look at the lines they were both on and where they were tracking, it could be argued that had Pedrosa held his line and not picked it up, that Simo would have been past by the time their lines intersected. But no, he ran into the back of Simoncelli. Sorry, but I call that a racing incident."

If you have it recorded, have a good look and tell me who contacted whom?

When he's on song and has a "clear head" there's no doubt that Pedrosa is as good as anyone out there, so you can't blame him for being pissed off. 

Emotion plays a part in this game, but the bottom line is that it's a very precise and analytical sport, particularly when there are so many riders capable of standing on the podium. In this scenario, too much emotion can quickly become a liability. This is where I think Pedrosa has a bit of a problem, and it's not helped by the guidance he receives from Puig.

Yes, the chance of winning the championship has gone (again!?) but we are only half way through the season - get over yourselves, re-focus and get on with it.

Reply to this Topic
timgsxr

Mar 11

timgsxr says:

Dani

Suck it up Princess!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

Pedrosa

"It is obvious that Race Direction can’t supply a good safety when he is riding close to you, so you must look after yourself. Race Direction can’t give me the safety I need, so I must look after myself.” WTF? That is called racing Pedrosa. Knowing when to give up the fight and when not to. Retire and let a fighter into the series who actually has a chance of winning a championship.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Like a dog going back to his vomit

I agree with all here that Dani must move on.  The initial incident was about 80/20 for avoidability, and Super Sic was given the penalty mostly because it was obvious that Dani had broken his collarbone in the fall.  If he had been uninjured and waited for the following lap to give Marco the finger (a'la Casey and Valentino) then race direction would at most have had a word with both riders after the race.

But I think Dani is fixated on the fact that the Honda is currently the best package and Casey has shot out of the gate like a Grand National contender.  He needed to have no bad luck this year but it wasn't to be, so now he finds himself 3rd in his team with little chance of a top 3 finish and no chance of winning the championship.  Like Valentino he just needs to suck it up this year and think about 2012.

Oh - and he needs to remember that revenge is a dish best served cold ......

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices